Epilepsy surgery.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

surgery doesn't work for everyone had sz's 44yrs.

I had brain surgery in 1982 my seizures decreased but than as I got older they increased.
My husband had surgery in 1972 he hasn't had another seizure since.
He was one of the lucky ones.

Belinda

Hi Belinda

Isn't it weird how it works for some of us and not others. My first surgery in Sept 2000 left me seizure free for 5 wonderful years, not even an aura!! I had my second surgery June 26th 2008, and I was ok for about ten days, then I started having the auras, I can honestly say, that I could deal with epilepsy if it wasn't for the auras, do you have them? Please tell me what happens if you do, I am fascinated by the human brain, and by people's different experiences of epilepsy and auras etc. Also I am writing a book on my experiences so it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers

Elaine x

Elaine,
after I had my surgery my seizures decreased but didn't stop.
My auras stopped when I started taking Clonazepam.
They started back like 6 months ago every blue moon I might have one.

Belinda:ponder:

Back
Top Bottom