Ever second guess if you had just had a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I was on the trolley on the way home from work yesterday and I found myself "waking up" as if I had fallen asleep for a second. It took me a second to realize which trolley station I had just passed but I realized where I was after about 5-10 seconds. I was sitting in my seat on the trolley when I initially "woke up" but I never fell down or anything. I even stood up and walked to the trolley's door tight after I "woke up". The interesting thing is there were 20 people around me and nobody said anything to me. My gut feeling tells me I had a tiny seizure but I don't want to sound paranoid either.

Yep, plenty of times.

I'm not sure but I might've had one last Tuesday night when I was asleep, and also Wednesday night when I was asleep.

I remember waking up the next day and finding a little niggle in my mind, which usually means there's something my mind is trying to tell me. The reason I'm doubting it though is because I'm pretty much always 99% sure when I've had one.

But yeah, I have had these things happen in the past, and I usually ask my family/friends (whoever I'm with) if they've just seen what I've just seen.

Many times ....

There's been many times I had been
alone; and having no idea if I had a
seizure or seizures. Because my ex
would be at work and my son was at
school. However, my son who would
typically be the first one home, would
often know I had a seizure or seizures,
because he would find me somewhere:
on the floor, couch, hallway, in bed,
or somewhere ...

And when he would wake me up - I
would be confused, in a daze, and then
he would tell me to go back to sleep and
call "Dad" at work on the speed dial, and
then call the Doctor & Neuro on the speed
dial and let them know.

He would then stay home and call his
friends over and they would play on the
Ninetendo or with his toys (or they would
bring theirs) over; so he kept an eye on
me.

When my ex would arrive home, he would
know I had a seizure or if I was sick, by
the way he would wake me up. Since the
Doctor's Office knew his hours (I'm deaf
and there wasn't any Relay Service back
then) the Nurse or the Doctor would then
call and to check up on me, and he'll
confirm it - and if I did, then they would
have an appointment scheduled for me
to come in already set up.

That's how it was back then.

Listen to your gut.

Every time Stacy has suspected that she had a seizure (since I've known her), she was correct.

Back
Top Bottom