Eyes rolling back

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

donnajane

New
Reaction score
My 1yr old has been having a variety of events. Mainly staring, "vaguing" out then going to either the side or front and comming out of it dazed, seemingly not being able to control his arms every now and then, lately he has developed a spasm where his head goes down to his shoulder while it spasms up. He is 13months old and "crawls" by pulling himself along the floor left arm tucked under and dragging left leg. He is already very right handed and shows a weakness in his left arm/hand like he doesn't have the same control with it.
Anyway he has started having either "vague outs" or going totally "floppy" and having his eyes roll back in his head which each of these. It only lasts for a few seconds. I am getting concerned as he has had 3 of these events today. 2 at childcare and one with me this morning. Can this be a "normal" progression with epilepsy. Although he seems to be outgrowing his "Shudder Syndrome" his other events seem to be slowly progessing. So far he has had 4 clear eeg's his Nureo has booked him in for his 5th in 3 weeks and he is down to have an MRI by the time he is 18months. Several Nureo's have seen his footage and say it looks like he's having epileptic events.
His Nureo wants me to email him weekly or earlier re how he's going. I will mention the increase in events with his eyes rolling back. Last time we saw Nureo he said even if he does end up being diagnosed with Epilepsy he still wouldn't give him meds just yet.
I am just lucky my kids go to the child care at my work so I can go be with him in a few minutes if anything happens.
I know so many of us are still searching for answers its just so frustrating.
Donnajane.

Back
Top Bottom