Failure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
After 10 and 1/2 weeks off meds Danny had a seizure. I guess this is what our life must be. I can't help but be upset and disheartened. This is all so ridiculous.

BensalemAngler

So sorry :-(

Don’t lose heart, Danny’s Epilepsy onset is young who knows, maybe he will have it now but one day go into remission (grow out of it).

I am Mum to Son of 27 with Epilepsy, came on full blast at 23. He has all types of seizures… Keep searching and researching and trying safe alternatives, because you never know, one just might work or help…..

Keep the hope high and let Danny see and feel it..

I'm sorry to hear Danny had a seizure.

I hope you will find the meds. that is the best for him to keep the seizures away.

So sorry BA. Was there some stressor that triggered it? How's he feeling?

I'm sorry to hear Danny had a seizure.

I hope you will find the meds. that is the best for him to keep the seizures away.

Thank you, he was controlled for 2 years and we weaned this summer then stopped Aug 25th. So I am hoping the medicine works again.

So sorry BA. Was there some stressor that triggered it? How's he feeling?

No nothing triggered it, everything was the same. But if something did trigger it, it means he has not out grown them (yet). So I guess its better to know now.

He is feeling great, it happened Monday at 12 and by 3 he was begging to go back to school and get his homework. Tuesday we tried to keep him home but all he wanted to do was return to school, so by 12:30 I let him.

He is just tired again, and that is strictly from the meds. When he was weaning and after he was weaned his energy level was through the roof.

Thank you for your concern.

Sorry to hear about another seziure. That is my fear as well that if/when they decide to try and wean my 22month old off his meds what will happen. Our little man is such a different child on his meds and it is almost like his meds have opened a door in his brain that was shut before so we are worried that if they ever wean him he will go back to the child we had before who had more events and was often "not there".
Hopefully the meds will work again.
Donna

Sorry to hear about another seziure. That is my fear as well that if/when they decide to try and wean my 22month old off his meds what will happen. Our little man is such a different child on his meds and it is almost like his meds have opened a door in his brain that was shut before so we are worried that if they ever wean him he will go back to the child we had before who had more events and was often "not there".
Hopefully the meds will work again.
Donna

I loved the way my son was off meds. Thanks for your concern.

Back
Top Bottom