Favorite Games.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lol This is driving me mad! lol I'm not sure if they are. I'm thinking WA state and CA. I'm going to have to think on this tonight.

Please don't go mad... and don't let it ruin your sleep.
I might just need to find some more clues, but lets see how others do.

You are probably going to bolt up in the middle of the night and say, "I know the answer!".

Yay Lynn

:yippee::bjump::wave::bjump::yippee:

Avocado fruits have a smooth, creamy, greenish-yellow flesh.
A whole medium avocado contains approximately 21 grams of fat, though most of it is mono-unsaturated fat. Avocados also have 60% more potassium than bananas. They are rich in B vitamins, as well as vitamin E and vitamin K. They have the highest fiber content of any fruit - including 75% insoluble and 25% soluble fiber.

The pit, seed, leaves, bark and in some cases fruit can be toxic to some animals, particularly birds, though much less so in humans; the toxicity of the fruit may be an adaptation that assisted seed dispersal.

An average avocado tree produces about 120 avocados annually. The avocado is a climacteric fruit (the banana is another), which means that it matures on the tree but ripens off the tree.
Premium supermarkets sell pre-ripened avocados treated with synthetic ethylene to hasten the ripening process.

The avocado was introduced from Mexico to the U.S. state of California in the 19th century, and has become an extremely successful cash crop. Ninety-five percent of United States avocado production is located in southern California, with 60% in San Diego County

While dozens of cultivars are grown in California, the Hass avocado (commonly misspelled "Haas") is the most common. It produces fruit year-round and accounts for the majority of cultivated avocados in in California.[3] All Hass avocado trees are genic copies of a single "mother tree" that was raised by a mail carrier named Rudolph Hass.[2] According to Hass' family, Hass bought the seed from A.R. Rideout of Whittier, California, in 1926 and repeatedly attempted to graft productive branches onto pre-existing trees. Ultimately this succeeded in producing the Hass avocado, though the source tree of the graft is uncertain. Hass propagated the productive graft in his front yard in La Habra Heights, California, and patented the tree in 1935. All Hass avocados can be traced back to grafts made from the original, successful graft tree. The "mother tree" died of root rot and was cut down in September, 2002; its former location is indicated with a commemorative plaque.

*most of us mispronounce it by saying : a v a c a d o
The correct spelling is: a v o c a d o

Last edited:
Yes, Yes, Robin, I knew it!!!:woot:
The answer couldn't be anything else but the avocado!
I was following this weird tread since yesteday and I allmost posted my guess, but it didn't seem fair doing this as a keto mom and spoiling the game, so I didn't.
Didn't know they come from California but they are well consumed here in our home. Avocado is a perfect fruit for making ketogenic meals, full of fibers and healthy fats, being anti-epileptic fats for my boy. Mushed avocado mixed with mayonaise, omega & more oil, cucumber + smoked salmon as a topping makes a perfect ketogenic lunch or dinner, ratio 4:1 (4 x more fats as proteins + carbs.)

Last edited:
Now I will never feel guilty about eating an avocado again.

Guacamole is one of my favorites. I love it with those little baby carrots. YUM

I just called my brother up to ask him what it was . He had it right off. He said they were born in California! lol Yea! Good job. Do another one Robbin!

Maybe by tomorrow Hawke.
I have had a long long day today.

Wooohooo! That hint about California really gave it away for me.

Back
Top Bottom