favorite movie

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My favorite movie ever is "The Butterfly Effect."
Because in it, the protagonist has blackouts which kinda reminds me of my seizures. Then when he grown up he finds that he possess the ability to travel back in time to the times he had blackouts as a child, and that he can change the past. I often wish that I could travel into the past and change it.

Movies In General

Has Anyone Seen The New Batman Movie "the Dark Knight" Yet?

I'm not a big movie fan but.......

I really did like the way Quentin Tarantino did Pulp Fiction & The Reservoir Dogs in a non-sequential style that made you put together the pieces of what was happening.

I have so many movies I love - but here is one I would suggest for anyone who likes a good drama.

Twelve Angry Men

It is about a jury of 12 men who are deliberating a murder verdict of a young man. Almost the entire movie takes place in the jury room. It is a great drama about 12 completely different pesonalities and how they interact. I just love it.

My overall favorite is Terms of Endearment
My favorite comedy is Planes, Trains and Automobiles (if I am feeling down, this is the one movie that makes me laugh until I cry)

I have so many movies I love - but here is one I would suggest for anyone who likes a good drama.

Twelve Angry Men

It is about a jury of 12 men who are deliberating a murder verdict of a young man. Almost the entire movie takes place in the jury room. It is a great drama about 12 completely different pesonalities and how they interact. I just love it.

Excellent Movie!! I love how the movie only has 1 scene because it still keeps you glued. Shows how we often use shock & drama to compensate for bad plots.

That's hard....I have so many I like. But I guess my all time favorite (or at least so far) is What Dreams May Come.

not just one, several

Short Circuit 1 & 2, All of Benji's movies, and since I love animals so much:
Charlie the Lonesome Cougar,
Christian the Lion,
Big Red
Old Yeller,
Black Stallion,
Milo and Otis
Homeward Bound
Day of the Animals
All Dogs go to Heaven.

All biblical movies also:
Ten Commandments,
The Bible
Jesus of Nazareth
A.D.
a Thief in the Night
Revelation
Apocolypse
Peter and Paul
Paul the Emissary
Gospel of John
King of Kings
Greatest Story Ever Told
Joshua
and others.

50 First Dates
How to loose a Guy in 10 days
The Pacifer
The Longest Yard
The Notebook
Van Wilder
Ghost
Joy Ride
Serendipity
A Walk to Remember
Tommy Boy
The Animal
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Walking Tall
Anger Management
The Rundown
Elektra
CatWoman
& More...

I Like Jesus of Nazareth As Well & When It Comes On Every Easter I Tell EveryOne Don't Bother Me . LOL

Fisher King!

Not sure why .. but The Fisher King starring Robin Williams always comes to mind.

Rebecca and I just saw Get Smart... fun summer movie.
I think Robin Williams is brilliant in general. Funny as hell but in this move a heartbreaking portrayal. I've watched it four times. I also like the old classic "My Man Godfrey". The version with Carol Lombard and David Nivin L - :pop:

my favorite "funny" movie. "bevis and butthead do america" ya i know, not the most inteligent, but hay those two can make even the dumbest of us feel smart for a few minutes.

South Park

my favorite "funny" movie. "bevis and butthead do america" ya i know, not the most inteligent, but hay those two can make even the dumbest of us feel smart for a few minutes.
That show was pretty dumb and off the wall but I enjoyed it until it wore itself out with me. Always - Laurie

Thought I posted?....

i looked around and did a search on it and did not find this thread yet so i thought i would start one. if it already somewhere, sorry.

what is your favorite movie of all time, and why. it can be from this year or from childhood.

my favorite movie is john wayne's "the quiet man" he's the only actor i have seen all the movies from, and i have loved this film since i first saw it as a child. it has everything you can ask for, love, hate, competition, anger, lover, humor, and in the end everyone is happy...

i can't wait to see other people's answers...:hello::hello:
Maybe, I just scanned and thought about it. Love "Fisher King" with Robin Williams. I think he is absolutely brilliant (most of his monolouge was "off the cuff" in "Good Morning Vietnam". But in "The Fisher King he breaks your heart as a dramatic actor playing a brilliant, once professor who's gone mad and amnisiac after a great tradgedy. I've never seen a movie which brings equal tears and laughter. I've seen if five times and that's not the end of it. Always - Laurie

Last edited:
Oh geez where do i begin?....

Shashank Redemption...Pretty Woman...Dirty Dancing...Men of Honor...American History X...The Jungle Book...The Lion King...William Shakespears Romeo & Juliet

All of those movies I just LOVE. I think they are all great stories :rock:

Shortie:e:

I also have to cheat, I have two:

The Wizard of Oz and Shashank Redemption

I've seen both of these so many times that I can talk (and sing) right along with the actors!

Easy Rider
Fight Club ( hell I would be a fan of any of Chuck Palahniuks books turned into movies)
Traffic
Hero
Ben Hur
It
The Stand
Edward Scissor hands
Million Dollar Baby
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Omen (original)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
The Color Purple
Children Of Men
ScarFace
Mommy Dearest
Trainspotting
Wings of Desire
Freaks

and the list goes on and on and on........

Back
Top Bottom