fever with auditory hallucinations and nosebleed. Seizures??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, and i was wondering if anyone can offer some guidance and advice. My seven year old has had three episodes over the last year (all when she has a fever virus of some sort) where she awakens in the middle of the night in terror. Similar to night terrors, but VERY diffferent. She is hypersensitive to any and all noises and cries that she is hearing very loud noises. (she has described the noises as voices and has also described the noises as loud white noise). she is so sensitive that the sound of me whispering is too loud and scares her as well as the sound of me rolling over or adjusting the sheets in bed is too loud. Last night she awaked with an episode that lasted on and off for Five hours. This episode was accompanied by a nosebleed from her right nostril only. She has had nosebleeds before but never during an episode like this. The pediatrican wants me to call her if it happens again tonight and stated that she may want to order an EEG. That was the last thing i was thinkning of.. and now im nervous. Can anyone offer any insight/ info/ feedback on this?
thanks very much

Hi itsall4m3, welcome to CWE!

The nosebleed may or may not indicate a seizure -- It could be more related to the dryness of this time of year, and to her fever/virus, as opposed to being triggered by the rise in blood pressure that can happen with a seizure. It's not clear that something neurological is going on, but an EEG would be helpful to rule that in or out.

Has your daughter been checked out by an ENT or a pediatric audiologist for her noise sensitivity problem? Sometimes it can be an indication of infection or eardrum problems. Having a fever, and/or being tired and dehydrated can make such sensitivity worse.

Back
Top Bottom