Finally finally diagnosed!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks I've had 3 years so far to try to come to terms with all this but it's kinda like an emotional roller coaster I'm happy to finally have proof, but then I go and actually have my first simple partial in at least a year on a plane, and I'm getting paranoid that anytime I zone out it could be a absence, and what if the doc says I can't drive? Uhhhhhhhhggg.

Like Monday I was driving making a right turn looking left and kinda just drifted right into another car, I was barely moving but felt soooo stupid no one was hurt, I'm not sure if I was just in attentive or if it was an absence, Im not sure if I've ever had an absence but I do zone out sometimes and lose track of what I was talking about or doing.

I guess my biggest fear all this time was that I was crazy, at times I second guessed myself, and then for a year or so barely anything happened except for one strange driving experience that I had hoped was a panic attack, which now sounds like a simple partial. I've been stressed out off work for almost 4 weeks because I fell off a stage at work and hurt my back, got told I had an abnormal EEG, upped the meds, had to get a lawyer to go after my employer for screwing me around on workers comp, not paying me disability for the time off while I was hurt from the accident they caused. It's been a perfect storm for seizure activity for me, the cherry on top was the 12 hour wait at an airport and a night flying after a bad nights sleep, an airplane with a dark room and a bright ass CRT monitor

For years I though it was just anxiety as they told me at the hospital and never did a single test. I started having tonic clonic and bit the tongue off myself a few times. I knew something was wrong as the sensations I was feeling in the head and body were taking over me and it just was not normal as I usually a postive/happy type of person and it was interrupting my daily life because I didn't understand if I was actually sick or had some kind of tumor or what. But then I ended up in hospital and they were forced to do tests when I didn't wake up. But the journey isn't over yet and it's frustrating.

Oh! So anyway, the point is.... I am sooooooo happy that you have an answer now.

Doctors are really lazy, it seems that they don't want to help people anymore. Did you ever get a diagnosis? How r u doing now with your seizures?

Back
Top Bottom