[Research] fireworks and epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
FIREWORKS and EPILEPSY:

"With July fourth rapidly approaching and very little information regarding how fireworks may trigger seizures in those living with epilepsy, Epilepsy.com sought out one of the top experts on photosensitivity, Dr. Guiseppe Erba, Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics at the University of Rochester, Rochester, New York":

http://professionals.epilepsy.com/page/ar_1152280995.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. That is good to think about. I hate to sound curmudgeonly but I think it is a stupid holiday and fireworks are a huge pollution problem. Remember that the Pilgrims committed brutal genocide at the time of what we 'celebrate' on July 4th. I teach my kids the truth and believe in anarchy.

I hate to sound curmudgeonly but I think it is a stupid holiday and fireworks are a huge pollution problem. Remember that the Pilgrims committed brutal genocide at the time of what we 'celebrate' on July 4th. I teach my kids the truth and believe in anarchy.

Maybe fireworks are a bit of a pollution problem, but I disagree about Independence Day being a stupid holiday. Remember, if we didn't have our independence from Britain, we would still be under the British Parliament. Teach your kids about the cost of freedom.

Back
Top Bottom