Fits and phobias

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I was thinking could servere phobia bring sz on E.g.last night was on iPad and someone had put advatar on computer like my frog but walk over screen and realistic spider(not on this sight)I got phobia of spiders.I was sleepless so put iPad on saw that I certainly not sleep after that and needed puff of asthma spray.I wondering for some people could shock like that pump adrenaline levels up instantly and sz.
For me I usually have wArning the aura etc and mostly set patten.
This sort of thing could kill someone asthma and sz at same time I just needed puff serotide.
Certain advatars should not be allowed unless warning you delete before reading or just not look at forum.

You would not think adrenaline would trigger an asthma attack as it cause bronchial passages to relax helping to relieve asthma and is recommended as an emergency treatment in some hard to treat cases of asthma.

Yes moving avatars can be very annoying and for some they can be dangerous. I block all moving avatars in Firefox.

So you block mine then it frog.i bet I was not only one who freaked when saw that spider scurrying all over screen
I can say 100% strob lighting will kick my e off when see that even with eyes closed moving avatar depends what it is spirals stripes moving can but I turn them straight off.The spider was psychological fright

I am not photosensitive but I do not like moving or flashing things on my screen, they are too distracting.

I do block the moving frog and other moving avatars, they do not move properly and it distracts me, kind of hard to explain.

I have a friend with anxiety that revolves around spiders so a realistic one scurrying across the screen would be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom