For caregivers of those with E

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
I had a call that my daughter had a short (45 sec) TC at school today. I didn't jump and run, since I am leaving in the morning for NY. Of course I would have bolted up there, if they didn't reassure me everything was okay.
She tells me now that she had everything in her lunch except that item that had the protein in it. DUH!
It is also her TOM and that concerns me too.

I don't really know how to leave without being nervous. Her dad has never witnessed any of the 20-25 seizures that she has had. Actually I am the only one in the family that has. So caregivers, what do you do to make sure your loved ones will be fine?

Also... I just started her on Trileptal two nights ago. Only 1/2 a tab (75 mg), and she was feeling a bit foggy this morning with a sore throat (just had that with Lamictal too). Part of me wants to wait until I return to continue this med. I dont' mean to sound like a control freak, that is not my intent here, but I am the only one that tends to observe the changes. I know what is hormonal Rebecca, and what is medically induced changes, and what is just my teenage daughter. So help me out. What would you all do?

I have had to leave on business trips when Stacy was not fully controlled. It always sucked because I could never relax. Most of the time, she ended up having a TC seizure while I was away. Luckily, I have family very close by that was able to assist her (and keep an eye on our children).

The only thing you can do is have someone keep an eye on her and instruct them on what to do if she has a seizure. The rest is out of your hands. :noevil:

I totally agree with Bernard. Educate your family, friends etc. who ever will be with your daughter on what to do if she has a seizure. The hardest thing in the world is to be able to let go and trust others. It's probably one of the biggest lessons I've had to lern as a mom. Good luck, I'm sure you're daughter will be fine.
Marian

Back
Top Bottom