For the ladies

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

one more to the count , this seizure lasted roughly minute and a half . she worked the late shift , no sleep . but this seizure its left a momentum , during it I heard a dreadful click , ambulance man arrived and did the usual checks , he thinks amy might have a small fracture in her collarbone , nothing definite as yet . I doubt that when we see the dr in clinic , he wont be reducing her meds or discharging her .

. I asked shelia who is amys nurse , if I could of give her clozabam , which she had when she would have a break through during her cycle . I knew something was brewing , I could of give her the clozabam hopefully that would of calmed her down . but today amy came home from work , not herself , we been to the doctors and amy has a water infection , this could of caused the seizure .

Last edited:
yeah, infections can lower the seizure threshold and cause breakthrough seizures... Hope she feels better soon.

its been a rough few weeks , my sister in law passed away on the nineth dec , I was so terrified telling amy , just incase she took a seizure , I asked amy to take clozepam that day and after the upset amy never had a seizure . we managed to get through the funeral which was on amys birthday (17th dec ) with the help of another clozepam

Back
Top Bottom