FOrgot 2 take meds, I think?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MaeDae

New
Reaction score
Ok, here's my problem, I can't remember if I took my second dose of medicine. What should I do? Should I take it or should I just wait till the next dose? I had a really bad day (aura, aura, aura's).

Time for pill box :)...to give u peace of mind….and the med you are taking should be taken same time every day, on the clock if possible..

and I don’t have E as u know, but I can take my own meds and as quick as I turn around from taking them, I wonder, did I take my meds :) so got me a routine going so I rarely forget/double up

Take your medication for peace of mind, but from experience when you've missed a dose, you've missed a dose and will need to deal with any consequences if any. Although everyone seems to react differently, hopefully nothing serious will happen. I actually forgot my medication one day last week and it took me all week to feel 'myself' again, I think we all occasionally slip up and it is hard to remember when you're so reliant on a little white pill..... I hope you're okay. Let us know how you go and take care. If you're really scared maybe see if you can get into see a doctor.

Time for pill box :)...to give u peace of mind….and the med you are taking should be taken same time every day, on the clock if possible..
:agree:
A pillbox is a great idea & place it somewhere that you will see it.
I have my pillbox (A seperate AM/PM container for each day which sits on a stand) on my kitchen bench. When I have taken my meds for the day I put that days pill box next to the stand.

I find the best way to remember my meds is to take them with my breakfast & tea. I do sometimes have my tablets then wonder did i take them so have to look in the pillbox or next to my computer where I usually eat to double check lol.

I also have a small clock near my computer which is set of to go of at 6pm each night to remind me, which is another way to remind me of my meds incase I hadn't had my tea or had just plain forgotten.

I put my pill box next to my phone that I have programmed to ring at my meds. times. Before I programmed my phone I would take the correct meds. at the correct time only to forget the next min.

ok, so here's what im giong to do, first i didnt take a pill because i couldnt remember if had or not, i just wnet to bed, but future, i am getting a pill box today and im going to set my alarm in cell phone as a reminder, i just have to remembrer to keep phone charged.

good advice, thank you all!

Good luck, I hope you feel okay during this transition! Generally the docs say it's better to wait and take your next scheduled dose at it's regular time, rather than running the risk of "doubling up". And the pillbox can definitely help, as well as any other routines you can put into place. You'll get the hang of it, hopefully sooner rather than later!

As everyone said deffently get a pill box that way you will know if you've taken your meds or not. I have an am and pm pill boxes for all my meds plus I have an alarm set for when it is time to take them.

I took two doses of all of my am meds by accident once and felt like crap all day long plus a few days after. My stomach was churning, I couldn't think straight and I almost threw up several times.

I think I was having a seizure at medicine time and that's why I ended up taking two doses.

Hope your ok, I usually took the dose anyways, I accidently took keppra twice at night because of this. I felt pretty odd for sure, but missing a dose is no good. Depends on what med you take. But id have a system of organization for your pills, believe me I forgot so many times, finally budged and got a AM PM pill box.

I have a pill box, I'm really bad at forgetting to take mess, I now have a packet in my purse at all times, some in my room and a full box in my locker at work (from Friday when I had to get an emergency prescription)

:(

I have a pill box, I'm really bad at forgetting to take mess, I now have a packet in my purse at all times, some in my room and a full box in my locker at work (from Friday when I had to get an emergency prescription)

:(

I have a days worth of my meds on me at all times just incase I'm out of the house at med time and I'll be sure to have them to take too.

I also have a list of all my meds that has the dosages and what time I take them. I keep one on the fridge, one in my purse, one in the car and all my family has one. This is just incase something would happen and I have to go to the ER that way they know what I'm on.

If you forgot to take your meds, depending on how close it is to your next time to take them is, then I wouldn't take them. I don't know how often you take them but if you realize that you didn't take them and it's only a few hours away from the next dose I wouldn't take them, this is just my thoughts though. This might be something that you'd want to ask your dr about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom