Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
When I saw doctor today I told him not seen one for over ten years because sick to death of hospitals and doctors,he agreed he not keen on them either.
I told him I got good education on forums and realised I may been on to high dose so trying to reduce them he say best way learn about e is go on forums talk to others and yes I am on to high dose and got right advice.
After this week from brain dead to normal by 2doctors I think forums best way to learn.I nearly had danm eye operation which could been disaster make sight worse than it is.
I have to wonder do doctors study the human body as I know it..I don't expect them to know everything but I would thought consultant have some idea of human anatomy and that just why I don't like hospitals.It not doctors fault they don't have anatomy lessons it is a worry so thank god for forums

There is definitely a lot of good info to be found in the sharing of patient experiences both with treatments and their doctor's advice. Glad you found something helpful and your doctor was able to make some adjustments for you.

Hi Seagull,
Just like you I got tired of seeing so many Drs. over the yrs. of having epilepsy that I stopped going unless my meds were no longer working or I was having an increase of seizures. It was on the forum that I learned about using coconut oil on your skin, taking vitamin B12, along with learning about the medical marijuana. If it hadn't been for everyone on the neurology forums that I've been on over the yrs. I wouldn't be surprised if my Dr. would have loaded me up with more meds to take. I will give my one Dr. credit he's the one who told me about the DNA test to find the best seizure med to work for a person. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

We are the voice of experience. Health professions need to pay more attention to resources they have... such as us.

Back
Top Bottom