Freaky Friday the 13th = clusters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

chmmr

New
Reaction score
Well friday the 13th was true to its curse in my house today.

My daughter (3 yrs 8 months) started the day off with a complex partial-her first in 4 months (well she had one with a really high fever in August but i don't count that because we expect them when sick). Anyways it was pretty typical of what we see from her-glazed over look, tongue protruding, not responding or responding inappropriately, although she was tapping her chest repetitively (automatism?) Anyways what i saw of it only lasted 20seconds ish so on we went with our day.

3 hours after that i dropped her off because i had an appointment i couldnt cancel and had a good friend watch her and her twin brother. I got back about an hour and 45 minutes later and find out that she has been "off" most of the time she was there. Asking questions that made no sense, speech hard to understand (harder than normal since it is a woman that knows her well), eating extremely slowly (slower than the 4 other kids). I was torn but my gut said something was up and since she has never clustered before i tried to call our childrens hospital to talk to our Neuro Nurse. of course she is apparently away for an unknown period of time and her voicemail doesn't list an alternate. I call the on call pediatrician since our ped is away until next thursday and had to page her twice before she called back.

Long story short we had to go to the hospital to see her, and wound up putting her on meds until our pediatrician is back (she had what i suspect is a seizure on the way to the hospital and a very brief one when the resident was examining her too).

I'm completely stressed out and worried since this is a kid that has a seizure at most once a month or even less, and now she had at least 3-4 today alone. Ugh!!

Back
Top Bottom