Front Temporal Lobe Brain Surgery

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
Hope you all are having a great day!:woot: My sister was told yesterday that she is a candidate for this surgery. I was basically wondering if anyone has had this surgery or knows someone who had it? I just want to know what others have experienced. This decision should obiviously should not be taken lightly, I just want her to have all the facts! Any help in this department is greatly appreciated!

Hi there!

I am sure there will be some folks here that will be able to answer some of your questions. They are all very helpful and knowledgeable. Many prayers and well wishes for your sister!!!

Michelle

Thank you Michelle, I appreciate your well wishes! This site is great! People here care so deeply and that to me is a beautiful thing :0)

I have had it done. It has helped for a couple years then I had to have a second surgery. The second surgery I had to have the VNS put in. Since the second surgery I have done a little better. The doctor said I needed the brain surgery on both sides of my brain,but it could only be done on one side. There was to much of a risk to have it done on both sides. Good luck on your decision.

Hi again!

You are so right! These people are truly wonderful! This has been so helpful to me, I canot tell you. I have Temp. Lobe seizures as well. I have had them for yrs..but only recently diagnosed in the fall. Mine are primarily nocturnal. I went for a long time misdiagnosed..because Temp. lobe seizures and seizures in general can cause weird symptoms...they kept telling me anxiety. I knew they were wrong though. I was persistant and finally they figured it out. At any rate..I know people will at the very least recommend some good info. to you, if not personal experiences. I am sure your sister has mixed feelings. But I also think..our lives are in God's hands too. Hopefully, it will really help her!

Take care!

Hi There CWE Angels

As some of you will know, I am due to have my right hippocampus removed on June 26th, it's my second lot of surgery, but it doesn't mean that I am not absolutely terrified! I have had a day on my own, and I've sat and thought and thought, and as anyone with epilepsy knows, it isn't good to sit and think too much and put yourself under stress, I've had aura after aura today, and I just can't wait until my partner comes home from work.

Has anyone else had their right hippocampus removed? I had a cavernoma removed from my right temporal lobe in Sept 2000, and I was seizure free for five long wonderful years!! I hope and I pray that this works out for me, I have a career to pick up and dust down, I have a car sitting in the drive, and I have a life to pick up and get on with, thanks to you guys that have already sent me your best wishes, this is indeed a wonderful web site, and I am so glad that I found it, thanks Bernard! I would love to hear from anyone out there, and I will try and keep smiling, I know that my dear mum will be with me when I go into hospital on the 25th June, I lost her just before Xmas, and I just know this is going to be a very emotional time for myself and my family. I would love to hear from anyone who can put a smile on my face!

God Bless you all!

Loadsalove

Elaine x

If you have made the choice to do this from educated decisions, then I am sure it is the right choice for you. I know that your doctors will keep you safe from harm, and do their best to eliminate that which is giving you neurological problems.

Perhaps a good way to pass the time until your surgery, would be to write about it, your fears, and what you plan to do with your new life. Also art is theraputic. Find a way to be creative. It might help with the anxiety.

I wish you all the best, and may you stay safe in his arms.

Hi Elaine,

I just wanted to wish you all the best with your surgery. I am sure you are anxious to just get it done. I will be thinking about you and I'll keep you in my prayers!! Let us know how you are doing.

Michelle : ))

Elaine, Love and prayers coming at you from Kansas! I am quite sure you've mulled over this extensively and made the best decision you could. Keep yourself busy and try not to dwell on it (I know that's easy for me to say!)

Wits End, You'll find lots of support on this website like many of us have. Encourage your sister to ask lots of questions and do her research before making a decision. Keep us updated!

Roxie

I had a right temprol lobectomy in 1998. I elected to do this only because I wanted so badly to experince seizurefreedom aftrr 23 years of seizing. I wish that I had tryed Nerofeedback instead.

Back
Top Bottom