Getting drunk

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Topcat

Stalwart
Reaction score
Tired of doing stupid stuff: Let's see just a few things I did recently.
1) I bought a portable TV and couldn't find part of the stand.
After I called Amazon to gripe I found it.
2) Since I don't have much room to store things here and there are extra antennas in the box I put it under my bed.
I thought I had also put the TV back in the box until I wanted it.
When I went to get it it wasn't in the box.
I looked all over for it and couldn't find it.
Then I happened to find an extra (lost) antenna I had for another TV. I went to put on my dresser and there was the portable TV.
3) I was fixing breakfast. I had poured the cereal in a bowl. Then I went to get out the milk to pour in it and some orange juice to drink. Yep I poured the juice in with the cereal.
4) Was cooking with a frying a pan and didn't notice that I had the tub of butter on the edge of the burner so it melted and ruined it.

Lol! The OJ story was best!
Way too often am I looking for something and it's right in front of my face. I've done that where I'm talking to somebody on the phone and I tell them "I can't find my phone"
So they respond "ummm... aren't you on it..."
"Oh..."

And that's what I do sober - that's ANOTHER mistake I made in miss-titling this thread.
And the phone story reminds me of looking for my glasses when I'm wearing my glasses.

I've poured juice on my cereal! And I've cracked eggs for an omelet and then put the egg down the sink/drain instead of the shell.

I couldn't get my laptop to charge the other day, and was messaging my brother from my phone, nearly in tears because i thought it was broken.

He asked me if i'd flipped the switch on on the socket/outlet...... yeah my brother knows me well! I felt silly though!

Was looking for my glasses in the pharmacy the other day to sign the script and the pharmacist said "they're on your head" lol and I don't even have E! :D
Plus looking for the milk, found it in the cupboard and then found the sugar in the fridge. Ah well there's been a lot on my mind recently - that's my excuse anyway. :)

I put my pencil case in the freezer a year or so ago, and didn't find it again for days. Amazingly, most of my pens still worked when they had thawed! I swear sometimes i think i'm losing my marbles.

Don't worry Topcat, you're in fine company

I walk every where & in summer time when I leave I put on my baseball cap & sunglasses. - Once last year I was leaving work, was heading of & couldnt find my glasses. I went to go back to the office when I realised I had them on
- Another time I was looking for my mobile phone so I could turn it off for the night & see if it needed charging. I looked everywhere on the floor near my couch where I often have it at night. All this time I had it in my hand as Id been playing a game on it.
- I'm forever losing my house keys so I have a box on my table called keys where I keep my keys, watch. Every night when im going to bed I check the box to make sure my keys are in there & if not I go searching. I couldnt find them the other night so I looked in my bag, nope, looked on my computer desk, kitchen, nope. Looked in the last spot front door yep

Luckily I'm not the only one who does things like that my Dad has issues with his brain that affects his memory so he has to put stuff in the same place other wise he wouldnt know where it was.

But my boss sometimes gets muddled as he has 101 things gong on in his head, he will go to leave to go to appt & realise he forgot something. The other day he left his mobile phone on my desk & when he got back he was looking around for his phone. I said its on my desk where you left it.
Now when he leaves I go through a check list to make sure he has everything lmao.

Back
Top Bottom