Getting EEG electrode gel/glue out of your hair

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have had several eegs done but a couple of years ago while at the hospital a woman came to remove my electrodes and remove some of the glue like they usually do. This time was different because she had me to hold a towel tightly fixed on my forehead and told me that she was going to rinse my hair. As soon as she soaked my hair I couldn't breathe! My husband asked what see was using? I immediately knew it was acetone and I freaked as well as my husband did. No couple years later my scalp looks as if I have psoriasis entirely covered my scalp. It has made me extremely self-conscious anxious and depressed. Sadly I Came Upon This forum while looking up if acetone can cause this as a reaction? I am going to say that dowsing a scalp in acetone is a bad idea no matter what the scenario or situation. I'm sure that as said in previous stories it does get used but I'm sure that didn't walk in with a jug crack it open and literally drench your scalp. Lord how I wish I could go back in time and asked what was in The Jug instead of assuming it was some type of distilled water!!!!

What a nightmare Martinez! Thanks for the heads-up.

WOW. Haven't they heard of Infusium-23? Spray it on, comb it out, takes the glue with it... go home with fresh-smelling, glue-free hair!

I had a few eeg scans, I don't know if it's the way they took it off, but I've got a few permanent scars on my forehead

They scan me so regularly I bought a bottle of the stuff mentioned above and just bring it and my comb with me. It's DEFINITELY non-scarring to the skin. The only thing I hate about eegs are those cursed caps. I've had so many breaks in my skull that I can't even wear baseball-style caps because they hug my head on the sides and back; I wear a leather top hat. Well, it's a Coachman's hat but it's still considered a top hat. Besides, I always wear leather anyway when I go out, for bodily protection should I fall, so it matches (and I like to look stylin' out in public lol). Anyway, the HAT just sits there atop my head, it doesn't put pressure on it. But those eeg caps are painful like blazes. I hate them more than I hate CT scans, and that's saying something, believe me. It's FREEZING in those CT rooms and I have to go every 3 months. If my memory worked, I'd know EVERYONE's names there. They certainly know ME.

Back
Top Bottom