goodbye epilepsy!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
i know there's no 'cure' but i'm working on it hehe...

i had partials since 1994, then my first grand mal was the night of AUGUST 31, 2003.
today is the one decade mark and being freshly post-op i say 'fuck you epilepsy, you had me 10 years ago but i went through surgery to remove you... YOU LOSE. i take august 31st back!"

lol anyhow that's my new motto... :bigsmile: i put a few pics and pathology results in my surgery thread 'life's changing...'

hehe will have to celebrate with a coffee... :woot:

Last edited:
Delighted for all off you who are on this journey,good luck!

Last edited:
Let's hope you can say goodbye to E once and for all! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Woot woot! You go (qtown)girl! Congrats on your milestone. So happy for you!

qtowngirl

You rock girl, this is all yours and may it be good I am very happy for you.

I am very happy for you, at least you were able to control your seizures and reduce the amount or completely stop them through surgery. I hope you never have another seizure again, and live a long healthy life.

I wish I qualified for surgery, but there are no brain scars, no complex partial seizures, just a mild form of tonic clonics that happens every month now with medication, perhaps it doesn't work. I don't know. I wish I could go through surgery and just put an end to it.

Anyway, good luck to you. :)

Major thumbs up :tup: and a huge smile via happiness for you!
:p

Major thumbs up :tup: and a huge smile via happiness for you!
:p

thank you my sask buddy!! even though i moved far away at 8 years old it is still a home to me, esp. with all the family still there.
today is day 55 seizure-free, very happy about that. it's been interesting tho, a few weeks ago i was watching a movie around 10pm and the 'woman' who has always been in my partials appeared for about 5 seconds in my head. gulp. but she was there and gone, i know it was only a flash, not a partial, b/c it was so quick and nothing like the ones i had for almost 20 years. but it was the same person. of course it scared me, and i kept an eye on my head when i went to bed (falling asleep causes about 90% of my szs, and i had been REALLY tired on the couch).
then two nights ago i woke up suddenly out of a dream (or, nightmare?) that i was standing in some random kitchen stirring something in a mug and talking to the girl across the counter (apparently i had invited her over in whatever house that was), and as i was stirring i felt a partial, which is something i know like the back of my hand. i put the spoon down and stood there going through it, start to peak to end. then BANG i woke up. holy f--k.
right away i thought of everything physically that i normally have (pounding heart, flushed face, and in great fear)... and had none of them. this proved it was really just a dream but oh god, talk about bad memories. and lol i want the memories gone, 'hello dreams i had my hippocampus removed where the hell are you coming from?'
anyhoo, i'm chalking it up to my brain still rewiring and going through the motion... it has only been 7 weeks so it must be making itself better by picking up old memories, the bad ones, and chucking them. haha hopefully it was letting me know 'okay girl i found this mo'fo' and kicking it out right now' !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

I cannot tell one enough of what happiness for friends can be, especially when it is dealing with the seizures cast aside, thrown in to the past! :yippee:

I wish I qualified for surgery, but there are no brain scars, no complex partial seizures, just a mild form of tonic clonics that happens every month now with medication, perhaps it doesn't work. I don't know. I wish I could go through surgery and just put an end to it.

Are you sure you would want brain surgery? If you're only having a mild form of Tonic Clonics? What is mild about a TC? Surgery doesn't necessarily put an end to seizures for everyone.......

yo yo cint i understand how you feel that way and appreciate that you always speak your mind, but there's lots of other places on here to put posts re: surg not necessarily working :( i started this thread to give an F U to epilepsy and thumbs up to MY recent surgery (today i am 8 weeks seizure-free), so i'll ask that you don't put any surgery negatives here.
hence, it's called 'goodbye epilepsy!!!'... i need to feel strong about brain surgery every day, it's still so fresh.

I DO understand how you feel, qtown. Thumbs up and sorry I offended you.

Go ahead, keep putting E in the rear view mirror QTown, as you motor off in your vintage sportscar...

I'll raise my coffee to you in solidarity. But tomorrow, it's too close to bedtime for caffeine. Though maybe an Irish Coffee... ;)

congratulations gtowngirl..
so happy for you.. wish u all the best..
bornova.

thank you :)))

today is day 60 seizure-free, and lastnight was my last (YES!!) vimpat. i know stopping any med (it did help somewhat but the side effects were too awful) can be a bit of a risk, but i'm confident day 60 will turn into 70, 80, 100... with my new brain going 'didn't need vimpat before and don't now!'
i wanted to never take another one after surg but my epi said i had to lower dose slowly then go off after two months. i did what the doctor ordered so there ya go epilepsy you're fighting a 'good girl' all the way, you lose!!

Last edited:
today is day 60 seizure-free, and lastnight was my last (YES!!) vimpat.

qtowngirl, I am soooo... happy for you! One as you know, 60 days seizure free! The other is last vimpat day! I am on day three of minimal dose and I am not thrilled with this drug. And, after a month I will be up to 400mg/day.

Well, if nothing else of my light headed, dizzyish, sick day, I am HAPPY for you. Cheers :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom