Got a new house... BUT

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
So me and chad are moving into a house on september 1st. Its a beautiful 100 year old character home, with pretty much all original content in it (the doors, door knobs, beautiful duct covers, carved ceilings etc) but there is a problem with the one old thing I love...

It only has a claw foot tub.... Which means there is no shower. This clawfoot tub is also the HUGE kind, and almost 3 feet deep. I cant seem to find any shower attachments to the faucet to change it into a shower system. The ones I can fine are $600-1000 (whether they be wall mounted, rim or deck mounted or free standing). Nothing seems to work with these tubs.

The landlord was willing to buy it for us, providing we can provide a letter stating medical need and the cost can be covered by either insurance or government disability tax credit. But I dont have a neurologist, or a doctor willing to state that I have seizures (I no longer see my old GP and have yet to find a doctor accepting new patients)

Im stuck in a bind on what I should do.. any thoughts?

oh and here is the other thing, just realized that some of the slip over silicone things dont work with high water pressure. our bathroom has insane pressure

I ahve the same problem in my bathroom, i have to go without a bath a lot of the time and have a strip wash/ wasshhh my hair in the sink.

I think you can do it a bit cheaper:
You attach the Alson's tub spout ($33.00 at Amazon)
And then the Alson's Add-On Shower ($54.00 at Amazon)

I've have a claw foot tub with an Economy D- Ring Shower Kit for taking showers and it works great.
Sounds like a great house - I love the old ones - hope everything works out for you :)

Thanks guys!
Nak, the kit you posted says it wont work with high pressure.
Dolores, I think I might give that one a shot!

Back
Top Bottom