grand mal- tongue hurts!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kimba

New
Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can sympathize with this. I had a 3 minute long grand mal Tuesday were my tongue pressed against my teeth. Now I have 6 cancer sores on the front of my tongue. Cancer sores HURT sooo much!! I can't do anything.
Does anyone have suggestions on what they do when they get cancer sores from their seizures? Anything to put on them, any food makes it easier, anything? Thank you for your help!!

Kim

sorry, i have not had a grandmal seizure as of yet. I would try warm very diluted salt water rinse? I hope it stops hurting soon and that your day gets better? HUGS!!!

Anbesol. Ice. Water. Smoothies. Bland soft food.

Some people gargle with a very weak solution hydrogen peroxide and water. It won't taste good, but it can help with the pain of the canker sores.

I hope you feel better soon! Your tongue will heal, but you'll need to be patient.

Bonjela - tastes disgusting for first few seconds but great after that, although I totally feel your pain. Worst physical thing about seizures I vote.

Been there sadly.
But no magic solution.
Bonjela sounds a good idea, works on baby's.

Bonjela - tastes disgusting for first few seconds but great after that, although I totally feel your pain. Worst physical thing about seizures I vote.

i love bongela i must be weird.yes i have had sore in mouth due to it,cut scratches bruises,the usual

Thanks everyone! I will try the bonjela. I also heard Kiwi so I got some. Seems to have taken a few of the sores away. Now just one huge one left.

The best thing to do is apply some alum to the site. It is nasty but helps heal the wound really fast.

Back
Top Bottom