Grrrrr.....I'm fed up !

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've had 3 this week :( and they have all sucked big fat rotten grapes. I thought the Topamax had them under control. I had 2 in Feb, a few over the summer, 3 in Oct., now one Mon., one Wed., and one bad one Thurs in my sleep where I fell outta the bed. I guess the medicine isn't working anymore :( It figures....my insurance ran out in Oct. Tried to see the doctor anyway but he wanted $150 up front, no breaks,no pay plan. I couldn't afford it.

wow... sounds more like a rotten melon to me. Seems like you need another doctor. Hope some of these guys see the inside of a doctors office themselves one of these days.
Phooey! This doesn't sound good.
Do you have any ideas other than the meds that could be causing them? Is Topamax on the list of being a med that it is possible to increase the seizure activity?
Hope your weekend is a smoother ride for you.

wow... sounds more like a rotten melon to me. Seems like you need another doctor. Hope some of these guys see the inside of a doctors office themselves one of these days.
Phooey! This doesn't sound good.
Do you have any ideas other than the meds that could be causing them? Is Topamax on the list of being a med that it is possible to increase the seizure activity?
Hope your weekend is a smoother ride for you.

isnt it illegal for a doctor to just stop treating you just because you have no money for them? they usually will work with you ask him or her if they will write you a letter for disability Or maybe some kind of state ins for low income its worth a shot.... try, going into a different doctor who may work with you... its not good to have to just quit your meds at least for me my neuro gave me three big bags of samples which im sure comes to around 1,000 worth of meds he then wrote me a typed letter about my e and dystonia how if i don't stay on my meds it could be dangerous and that i cant work because i cant drive, he feels working for me right now isn't easy because of dystonia isn't being treated causes a lot of pain and twisting...blah blah urologist wrote a letter for me also...

Im sure you've payed $$$ to them in the past or when ever it doesn't hurt to ask him or her to write you some thing to help you find a way to receive medical...

hope things get better for you (((((hugs))))))))

angel

URGENT For jkj1995

I've had 3 this week :( and they have all sucked big fat rotten grapes. I thought the Topamax had them under control. I had 2 in Feb, a few over the summer, 3 in Oct., now one Mon., one Wed., and one bad one Thurs in my sleep where I fell outta the bed. I guess the medicine isn't working anymore :( It figures....my insurance ran out in Oct. Tried to see the doctor anyway but he wanted $150 up front, no breaks,no pay plan. I couldn't afford it.

Have you contacted the Epilepsy Foundation in
Georgia?

Epilepsy Foundation Georgia
6065 Roswell Road #515
Atlanta, GA 30328-4015
(404) 527-7155
(800) 527-7105

Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia

Have you contacted Emory Hospital /
Emory Epilepsy Clinic? They can help! I noticed
you're in Athens, Georgia - call St. Joseph's
Hospital which is over by Marietta / Acworth area
and they can get you assistance in a hurry.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Thank you all! I had a better weekend, felt pretty crappy and had a heck of a headache but I went pecan picking (lived in Georgia all my life and never done before).

Angel,
I wish I had your doctor down here. I even asked him if he would accept a post dated check and he said nope. $150 cash up front. He don't have any samples on hand is what his office assistant said. I find that hard to believe. His office is a Topamax advertisment.

My husband new insurance starts in January but they have that darn "pre-existing condition" clause. I read somewhere in another place that there was a form I could get from the a doctor or someone that could cut thru that red tape. Do you know what that is by any chance?

jkj,

sorry, no I dont know of any forms like that... "Pecan pie" yum..... I can only have like two bites though to sweet... I wish i could help you more... with the insurance... I have to wait 6 months when my husband has me on his insurance to.... hes not working at this time...
so as far as ins. goes im right there with you....

I have to wait until jan 3, to see my doctor again find out if he says i can drive.... the only time i have a lot of trouble with my epilepsy is around my monthly(ms) hopefully i dont this month because im ready to go back to work...

Back
Top Bottom