Hardest Words to Define

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

What would you say is the hardest word to define. I find the word "If" the hardest word to define. Do you have any words you think are hard to define?
Here's wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

"Nevertheless" isn't hard to define, but it can be tricky to explain. We all know what it means, but connecting "never the less" to "all the same" isn't intuitive.

Along the same lines: "Notwithstanding". :)

there is a school house rock, that includes if, and, but, or. makes them easy

Hi Court,

You brought back a lot of memories with this song I haven't heard that in yrs. Thanks for the post I enjoyed it. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

"idk" isn't a word, it's three words, but it's impossible to define without using it in it's own definition.

Ex:
P1: What does "idk" mean?
P2: I don't know.

OR

P1: What does "idk" mean?
P2i Idk means I don't know.

Hi Court,

You brought back a lot of memories with this song I haven't heard that in yrs. Thanks for the post I enjoyed it. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

yeah, i had those songs running in my head all night,

Back
Top Bottom