Have You Been Denied Life Insurance

Have You Been Denied Life Insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My husband and I have been looking around for Whole Life Insurance compared to Universal Life Insurance which we already have. Our Life insurance guy came by tonight and said that after all the urine and blood tests which were just fine, that I had been denied. :ponder:
I am in good health, not overweight, don't drink or smoke and do not have any long term illness or have cancer in my family sooooo I am pretty sure that I was turned down because of my Epilepsy.

Any whoo, I'm just wondering if any of you had been denied Life Ins. because of epilepsy?
I was denied ins by State Farm. If they're worried @ seizure then death,(then we lose our money-ahhh) why can diabetics get ins? Some go into diabetic shock and have seizures-my niece almost died that way. She has ins! It's not fair.
We had ins for my special needs child after 6mos statements had "huge" Xtra charges for "disability", and premiums constantly increased. We cancelled it.
Anyone who's got ins. do they add extra charges?

Last edited:
It's a pain in the butt. I know. But what you need to do is get a 2year term that turns into a whole life insurance for yourself. Once you live out the two years then it turns into whole life.You can do that with a lot of dissabilities. Including epilepsy. My Dad taught a lot of men and women how to sell it so they will sell it to me.I need to get around to getting it. My son has it.

But that was yrs and yrs ago. I haven't been denied in the last 10 yrs just higher rates

What I know about life insurance and people with chronic medical problems is that they're considered to be a "higher risk" to insure b/c of the possible payouts & loss of premiums which might have to be paid out if a life insurance company insures such a person.

Based on my experiences, I was "rated" - made to pay a higher premium for the same level of insurance that a person without any medical problems has to pay. The "rating is given according to the degreee of severity of the condition.

If there is anyone who works in the life insurance industry and who is a member of this site, please correct or verify what I have stated. Thanks! :D

I have been denied. I was always considered a "high risk" accounthey even did the air qutations

Bringing this back for a quick question.Luckily for me and treatment my eegs and other tests have been positive.now that Ive been on 2 meds that seem for now to be working,im having a 4hr eeg and mri in 2 days.Usually,my ordering dx has said "PART EPIL WO INTRO EPIL" now it says "PART EPIL W IMP CONSC W INTR EPIL" okay-so who cares about that,my main question is if the meds will make the eeg come up clean can I use that for proof im ok for life insur? On flipside,can ssi use this as another denial of benefits claiming Im ok? Dont get me wrong-I dont want my cake and eat it too,but will a negative EEG benefit ME in any way?

Back
Top Bottom