Have you ever?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
I remember quite a few years ago, I was in a car accident and the stress or something caused me to have a partial seizure. So the seizure didn't cause the accident. The officer asked me the equivalent of "are you alright?" I replied with "I'm having a seizure" which freaked out his ignorant mind. I don't remember much else. Anything similar happen to you? Do you think I probably shouldn't have told him? We had car insurance issues maybe from what I said and maybe not.

To be clear, the seizure did NOT cause the accident.

i have had seizures after events, or the classic just let me go sit down and have a seizure.

I have been in bike wrecks and and after after getting all my stuff found somewhere to sit down and have a seizure. or this lady once had a seizure hit her head, i got her into recovery, got someone to call 911 people standing around like sheep aggravates the shit out of me. once they were all organized. i went out side and had my own seizure.
stuff like that has happened to me. mostly a matter of staying calm as long as needed then once i was no longer needed and i could fall apart i could die in peace

I lost confidence for car and bikers...I sitting next to guy in shopping presink and guy just went down he knew what going happen and tried say no ambulance then seziour everyone panicked I cool I said don’t get one let ten mins pass then call 999 ...I said he be ok soon and won’t be to thrilled finding himself in A&e. I was ignored and walked away and I was right he was fully awake when medics came.Eplepsy common condition so shame people were not taught,I know mean well but every one in there life propberly see someone,have sz don’t panic wait time it.unfortuatly it the old noddle hitting concrete is not nice.

Back
Top Bottom