have you gotten used to your type of seizures?

have you gotten used to your types of seizures?

• yes

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 36 57.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Arnie and Cint I can see both of your points.

In one way I feel like a stronger person for having to deal with it all. But I definitely feel limited in what I can do in life.

I'd say I'm used to it because I've had them my entire life. As much as I don't like it, it's a part of my life. A part of me.

I'm sure I would be a different person if I grew up without e.

I didn't start having seizures until I was out of college, 23 years old, so I already knew what I wanted in life. I guess that is where we differ in our analogy of E. In my view of it all, the type of seizures that I've had my adult life basically ruined my career I had planned, my marriage and sometimes my will to live, but despite it all, I am still here! I'll never get used to my CP's, not knowing if they will stop or continue on to a TC. It will always be a mystery in my life.

you're totally right. I wouldn't want to know the other me I don't think. I wouldn't be as strong I'm sure. Maybe it's like the butterfly effect, if we hadn't gotten E then each successive experience in life would be different..

:agree:

wouldn't have met the same people, reached for the same goals, learned how to stand up tall after falling down so f'ing hard (literally and figuratively), wouldn't do things like research and really pay attention to real things others go through... i just know i wouldn't be the same. lol, i think i'd be boring. or atleast, 'run of the mill.'
i shake my head when i hear of people hiding behind their E b/c they're embarrassed or feel bad about themselves. no! don't! whatever is different about me b/c of having epilepsy is also what makes me unique... and this applies to all of us. majority of the world couldn't put up the fight that we do. :rock:

and omg we wouldn't have all 'met' each other either! nothing would be the same. I HATE EPILEPSY too cint, hence the name, but it's persevering in light of it that gives me the confidence i carry every day. this shit is HARD, and you're still here doing it :)

and omg we wouldn't have all 'met' each other either! nothing would be the same. I HATE EPILEPSY too cint, hence the name, but it's persevering in light of it that gives me the confidence i carry every day. this shit is HARD, and you're still here doing it :)

:agree: this part, I do agree with, qtown. I wouldn't have met many wonderful people and wouldn't have been inspired to study how the brain works. Now, isn't that interesting?! :ponder:

I am a long time with E the medians, side effects and all that goes with it I am used too but the seizures yes and then tomorrow no. To me it feels more like Neil throwing one of those polls and it landing on my head and then he jumps on me with a bit of help from a few others. Still like Crash.

The one type of seizure I don't think I will ever get comfortable with or used to no matter how often it occurs is that stupid one with fear. That means the simple partial is turning into a complex. I just hate the intense emotion itself.
I have gotten used to many of my smaller seizures. In the beginning deja vu was a weird experience. Now it lasts for extended periods of time. Sometimes days or up to a week. I don't count those as seizures any longer. They are me. Smaller seizures in general are hard to define. Sometimes I am not aware if they generalize unless I really hurt myself or am told. So yes I have become unaware of my seizures.
I only have generalized / tonic clonic during the night and would never be aware of them unless I was told as my body often hurts for unknown reasons.

I think epilepsy, being a chronic condition, has made me a stronger person with a better outlook on life. My depression comes and goes but seems to have steadily improved since the beginning of this condition. I try to stay aware of all the things in life I have to be grateful for. All I have to do is read a history book or visit the hospital and I feel so rich with my health and happiness.

One of the most awesome gifts would be a cure. Boy would I be grateful and have the most awesome outlook on life then. They are getting closer with diabetes.

Last edited:
To me it feels more like Neil throwing one of those polls and it landing on my head and then he jumps on me with a bit of help from a few others. Still like Crash.

lol, neil would never throw anything at anyone's head, at least not any of us anyway. if he ever had a target it would prob be seizures themselves. i don't know anyone who's suffered more t.c.'s yet he tries staying so positive. don't think i could do it. :banana:

That is very true qtowngirl, just a little Irish humor.

Maybe it's because I knew the other me pretty well and I'm beginning to get to know the new me, I'd much rather not have it. I mourned the loss of my neurological health like the loss of a loved one. I did check the "yes" box because like most things in life I choose to be endlessly optimistic :) and I have so many daily partials that I do seem to be getting used to them.

'thanks neil glad you understand while you're throwing poles at me.'

:roflmao:

you guys are so cute.

Cute,hmmmm,well i guess so although you do know he's refering to tossing the caber???

Lol,awwww just google it hun,it would take to long to explain.:)

hmmm, i get it now.
'the tossing of a large wooden pole.'

lol doesn't this belong more in the 'hots for anyone' thread? :ponder: :roflmao:

I suppose it would depending on which way you interpet it:banana:

Back
Top Bottom