Headaches

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

efowler25

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone!! My son Braydon is 10 and was diagnosed Tonic Clonic seizures/ Genetic Generalized Seizure disorder only about one month ago. We have only ever had 1 seizure however his EEG showed a very high risk of another. He takes 500mg Keppra in the am and 500MG in the pm. He never had a single headache prior to his seizure and now he has them at least 4-5 times a week. They had us remove him from his Keppra for 48 hours to see if it was the Keppra. He has Diastat so that was not an issue and since it was over a weekend we could keep a close eye on him. He did great no headaches, however at the end of his 48 hours he had what I can only describe as a panic attack. VERY VERY high anxiety and holding his ears screaming everyone was being to loud. Crying because people were talking to loud and crying that his head hurt. It lasted only about 5 minutes. So we called the Dr yesterday am and told him the findings and they do not think the Keppra is causing the headaches but asked me to keep a log of all the headaches for the next few weeks and report back my findings. Anyone else having these issues while their selves/children are on it? The Dr. does not want to reduce the amount based on his need for it from the EEG. Thanks any input would be helpful!!

When I first went on Lamictal, I had headaches for the first two months until my system got used to it, and then they went away. Maybe this will happen for your son with the Keppra.

Also, you might ask his doctor about giving your son a B6 supplement (if he doesn't take one already). B6 helps with any mood-related Keppra side effects, but it can also potentially help with the headaches.

Back
Top Bottom