Hello again

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lovespurple

Pillar
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm Lovespurple, or Purple. I'm not new, I've been a member for years but have only just returned after a few years away.

These few years that I've been away have been a bit challenging, especially the last 12-18 months. It feels like a lot has changed in my personal life. As for seizures...I don't know if I'm still having my regular absence seizures or not but have been on a waiting list since Nov 2019 (I think?) for a video EEG. Obviously the pandemic has affected many things, regular medical appointments being one of them. I'm still on Lamotrigine and Clobazam (150mg twice daily and 15mg nightly respectively) but honestly, I forget to take my medicine a lot of the time and occasionally get fed up of taking tablets.

Anything else I've forgotten to add?

Oh My Gosh!!!! Good to see you! I'm so glad you popped in. :)

Do you have one of those weekly pill holder things? I wouldn't remember if I took my pills until I started using one.

Last edited:
:)

No, I don't, but I could order one online or check the local shops. My brother will probably make fun of me for using it, but I know he jokes out of love.

I bet you can find a purple one. I leave yesterdays lid open so I can see from across the room that I need to take my pills. There's also AM/PM ones. Check your pharmacy. How cute, I've never seen a round one like that before!

Extra Large Weekly Pill Organizer, Sukuos XL Daily Pill Cases for Pills/Vitamin/Fish Oil/Supplements (Purple)

1610517989785.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi loves purple
Great to see you again, I do remember you 🤗
Hopefully youll be able to get your veeg sorted soon

I agree with Cathy a pill box is a great idea. You can get them anywhere now, online, chemist, cheap junk shops

The one I used to use had a part for am and pm meds and it came apart . It was handy as I used to get my meds mixed up (take morning meds at night and visa versa) so I kept the am pill box on my coffee table and pm pill box on the kitchen bench.

But now I have a webster pack which the chemist make up for me every fortnight and I go there each fortnight to get fortnight’s supply of meds. Never forgotten my meds since doing the Webster packs, it’s handy as I’m on so much medication now.

Attachments

• 8A056229-E248-47CA-8B23-F465E057D30A.jpeg
    8A056229-E248-47CA-8B23-F465E057D30A.jpeg
    935 KB · Views: 4
Hi Lovespurple,

I don't think we've meant but I've been with the group since 2016. Just like you I have absence seizures and I found out
that taking 2Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with mother in it has reduced my seizures to the lowest in my life and I've
had seizures for 49 yrs. now. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Welcome back Lovespurple! I hope you can get in for your vEEG safely and soon.

Agree with the others about finding a way to stay on top of your meds. Missing doses is hard on the brain, and can actually cause seizures. It's sort of like putting a bandage on and then ripping it off, over and over again, so the brain doesn't can't a chance to stabilize.

I take meds 4 times a day - 7am, 9am, 3pm, 7pm, 9pm

I have 4 different Sunday to Saturday pill cases like the ones CathyAnn has shown.

I have one case with a piece of tape on the side saying 7am. All the meds that I take at 7am are put in that pill case.

I have the other ones labeled with a piece of tape on them that say 9am, 3pm, 7pm, 9pm. All the pills that I take at that those times are put in each of them.

By doing this I know when to take the meds, which ones to take and it will let me know if I took those meds.

I also have an alarm set on my cell phone that goes off when it's time to take a dose. I know if I didn't do this I'd forget to take my meds on time a lot.

Hi loves purple
Great to see you again, I do remember you 🤗
Hopefully youll be able to get your veeg sorted soon

I agree with Cathy a pill box is a great idea. You can get them anywhere now, online, chemist, cheap junk shops

The one I used to use had a part for am and pm meds and it came apart . It was handy as I used to get my meds mixed up (take morning meds at night and visa versa) so I kept the am pill box on my coffee table and pm pill box on the kitchen bench.

But now I have a webster pack which the chemist make up for me every fortnight and I go there each fortnight to get fortnight’s supply of meds. Never forgotten my meds since doing the Webster packs, it’s handy as I’m on so much medication now.

That is super cool! I've never seen anything like that before!

That is super cool! I've never seen anything like that before!
Cathy
I'm sure you guys have something like our webster pack in America, just probably different name.

I know Lou also has something similar but forget what she calls herself in UK.

Back
Top Bottom