Hello everyone,

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

milkymum

New
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself you to all.
I called AP, I have got 5 children and 1 of them has been refered for further tests for absence seizures. My children are, RB he is 7 yrs and has asthma and learning difficulties, LC she is 4yr and has cronic ectopic excema, hayfever, elongated cerebal tonsil and is diary intolerant she is also being assessed for mild/moderate ADD, EJ he is 2 yrs and is a slow developer and is the one that has been refered for tests for absence seizures and finally my identical twins DR and IG who are 11 days well DR is, sadly IG passed away after 3 day's as they were born 15 wks pre-mature. I am married to PS who I have been with for 14.5 yrs but we are about to celebrate our 8th WA. We have 1 pet, a cat who is 11 yrs old and she is my childrens guardian angel. We have a history of epilepsy in both sides of the family, on my side of the family my sister had absence seizures in child-hood which have know developed into full seizures and I have 2 anties that have epilepsy too. On hubbies side of the family his brother, uncle and cousin have full seizures. Because fo the very close family history and it being on both sides fo the family is what has made the pedeatricion refer EJ to a pedeatric nerologist who my LC is also under for her elongated cerebal tonsil.

I am hoping to gain friendship with people that have or are going through the same things as me at present and I am hoping ot be able to give support were I can

Welcome to the site milkymum!

There are folks here with info specific to being a parent of kids w. epilepsy, as well as plenty of general information and support. Explore the site, and make yourself comfortable.

Best,
Nakamova

Thank you Nakamova I will go and have an a btter look around this site know, I really am so confused over all that is happening to my son.

Back
Top Bottom