Hello Friends

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello Friends…

Names Ted Brown II...I’m 33 going on 34 and I’ve been living with Epilepsy for about 20 years. I can remember being diagnosed when I was young, and never really understanding what they were telling me or rather what they were telling my father. I’ve recently had an increase in my “attacks” as I call them and I’ve been searching for more information on what may be triggering this increase and I cam across your forum read a few posts and immediately liked what I seen and had to join. I was looking to see if a persons thinking pattern could trigger a partial seizure, as well as to see if anyone else had experienced the feelings of the “Warning” feeling that I get from time to time like an attack is about to happen but doesn’t materialize. The information that I have already read here has helped me allot, and I plan on making an appointment with my doctor very soon to discuss these issues. When I was young the seizures would cause me to black out, see visions and then give me a migraine that would most of the time make me sit in tears in class. I don’t see “Visions” anymore when I have my attacks but it still concerns me due to the recent increase and frequency. I’m looking forward to not only getting to know my condition better, and also getting to know those who have the same, or are loved ones of those who understand where I’m at in my life.

I am very creative, I write poetry, short stories, novels, newsletters…etc…I’ve been published on a few occasions and I have one novel done that I’m proofing and another I’ve started based on the Zombie Apocalypse the first being a Rock-n-Roll tale. I love to draw, and some people say that I can be a little obsessive over my likes and dislikes like my love for the band KISS. :) Married for 13 years to my wife Karla, no children as of yet. I’m the youngest out of three children none of whom have my condition, however it does run in my family as my cousin on my mother’s side has severe seizures to the point that she has had brain surgery to try to quell the seizures but unfortunately did not work.

Visitors are welcome to check out my website for my writing “Diary of a Madman” at writers-network.com/members/Dr_Love.

Hi Ted_Brown_II, welcome to CWE!

If you haven't seen it already, We have a Creative Writing Forum here...

Seizures are definitely unpredictable. You may not be able to get a clear answer as to why they've changed recently -- it helps to look at any changes in diet or metabolism or general habits to see if anything might be stressing you differently. It could also just mean that your meds need tweaking...

Some seizures actually start "happening" a few hours before the symptoms become obvious. At least for some folks, that may be causing the "warning" feeling. Some meds work by keeping a seizure from spreading after it's started, so the warning feeling could also come from seizure activity that been "nipped in the bud."

Best,
Nakamova

Thank you for the warm welcome! I've been doing a lot of research lately about my condition and I'm learning news things all the time. I'm going to be making an appointment to see my doctor as soon as possible to discuss the recent increase. I have also started to keep records of the seizures as well as the auras that i feel. Again, thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi and welcome,

You have come to the right place.

I have learned so much here from people willing to share their exper. I wish I had found this forum sooner.

My seizures have changed over my 60 years. They 1st. started out with me staring into space, then went to having them as I was going to sleep, then they started back with the staring, lip smacking, swallowing hard-several times, and my hands would have lobster claw like movement.
I would also have déjà uv 1st. the the staring spelling. I could hear what everyone was saying, knew where I was at, who was around me, what they were doing, But I could not respond to them.

I hope you do get to see a Dr. soon

Keep us posted and know that you are not alone.

Thanks, I look forward to getting to know everyone...and supporting each other is something that i think that world for the most part overlooks. Great to be part of the family here. :)

Back
Top Bottom