hello from waralan

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
depakote

Marian and all, don't loose your shorts, but I was taking 8000mg depakote a day. No this isn't a typo error.

Oucheee!!!!!!!

Marian and all, don't loose your shorts, but I was taking 8000mg depakote a day. No this isn't a typo error.

Waralan!....dude!.....that's a drag! I hope you get some relief soon, I really do!

Welcome to the forum...I KNOW you can get answers from the good people here. If you don't get a direct answer I'll BET you get a bunch of solid links to exactly where you need to go to get good help.

This forum has been an AMAZING source of information for me so far...I'm sure it can help.

Good Luck!

OMG my daughter has side effects at 24mg.
Welcome, I hope you find some answers here. It has a wealth of info.

... I was taking 8000mg depakote a day. No this isn't a typo error.

That is

extreme_ironing_competition.jpg

extreme.

depakote

Hi, Now I take a 500 mg tablet and a 125 mg tablet of depakote 3 times daily, along with my dose of phenobarbitol and dilantin.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I lost count how many zeros
there were in that Depakote.

My GOODNESS!

Bernard was right.

I almost should have said you
should have been on the "Fear
Factor" (a television show) but
that would have been mean!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

depakote

Hi, all I used to take 8000 mg per day, now I take 1675 mg per day if my math is right.
I don't want to be dramatic, but we have all seen how drunk people stumble around. I was exactly that way, except it was drug enduced. Depakote is a very toxic drug. I should be dead today.

Warlan how did your liver survive? The dr said he got me off the depkote before I got hepatitas . I ended up going for accupuncture 2 times a week for 6 months to heal . I was so lucky I had an accupucnturist as a friend. Since I was 24 I have been going for acupucnture on and off to fight the side effects from the meds.

The acupuncture helped me keep a strong liver and kidneys dispite the AEDS.
Unfortunatly I went toxic so many times the meds attacked my thyroid and I got a underactive thyroid. I asked the endcrinolgist was this from going toxic ,they thought so.
Riva

depakote

Riva, I can't really answer your question, except to say perhaps it was my time to live.
I really would like to go on a drug holiday once in awhile.

Find yourself a good homeopathy Dr and they will be happy to help you !!!!!!!
I would add the Gard diet to give yourself extra insurance with the homeopathy.

ROOTING FOR YOU WARALAN

Look for the free weekly newspapers and magazines ,homeopathy drs advertise in their as well homeopathy school which would be cheapier to go to.

Riva

Homeopathy

Hi I have a question: I do have health insurance which covers some of my meds, albeit not enough.
Would health insurance cover any part of homeopathy?

When I had BCBS I had to pay extra for coverage with the acupuncture. I am not sure they cover homeopathy. You would have to ask your insurance. Compared to paying out of pocket for DRS ,the homeopathy was cheap and buying the meds is real cheap.

You would have to research that.

Riva

waralan,
OMG.... my son takes 1000mg. of Depakote ER, 1000mg of Lyrica an 800 mg. of Topamax everyday. Some of it is split up into the a.m. and p.m. His friends always ask him if he's "high". I can't imagine 8,000 mg of Depakote. How in the world did you function? I know the side effects that my son is experiencing is pretty tough and I still wonder how he does it. I wish I could know who he really is underneath all of those meds. Anyway, I'm glad things are better under control. Are your seizures now undercontrol??
Marian

Depakote

I didn't function at all. When I sat down to eat, I fell asleep and my face fell into my food.
Oh, by the way, forgive my spelling. I can tell you that before this it was a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom