Hello to All

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Just wanted to let all know, why I havren't been on much, Having alot of headaches and partials the past few weeks and trying to get this apt. ready for inspection in about 3 weeks.

Other than that doing great! Went for second post op appt. from my hysterectomy on Thursday and told everything is great! I sure can notice a difference in my energy level since recovery and now taking a multivitiman.

Wishing All Well
Tammy

Good to hear from you Tammy. I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. :bigsmile:

Tammy - I hope your recovery continues going well. That can be a rough surgery on the rest of the body. Has it had much effect on your E?

Good luck with your recovery.

Hi Tammy,

I am sorry about the headaches and partials..I hope they get better for you!! But I am glad all is well after the Hysterctomy..I told you as soon as you felt better, you'd really be glad you got it over with. It is so great!!!! Take care!!

Michelle : ))

Thanks for the replies.

I am still having major problems with the headaches, not very many seizures, about one or two a week. I now have an ear infection, I went to see my reg. doc on Tuesday because the headaches just wouldn't go away, some days I could keep them under control and others not matter what I took they would just get worse no better. I am getting one everyday.

It was time for my blood work, and she called me yesterday and all good except my cholesterol and tricliserides (I just can't seem to get those two under with med and watching my cholesterol intake. Anyway what also was low is my sodium, which now after her telling me things and things I have read, I had no idea how dangerous it can be for your sodium to be to low. Now major problem for me to get it back up this has happed more than once, and my neuro usually gives me 2 or 3 pills to get it back up, my reg doc just told me to eat some salty food for a few days, now major problem, I dont like salt, I don't salt anything that I eat. I don't know what to eat that I may not be able to taste the salt much.

Any suggestions? I just can't sit and eat something I don't like.

She also told me that low sodium can cause swelling around the brain and that may be a major cause of the constant headaches I am getting. Anyone else had this problem, I know between not eating salt and one of my seizure meds can cause low sodium, however I didn't know about the swelling and that can trigger seizures, coma and even death.
Thank you again for your replies.
Tammy

Salt can be balanced with sugar or lemon juice. In the desert portions of the middle east, salt intake is essential for survival as the hot, dry climate causes the body to perspire a lot. Many middle eastern foods are heavy on the salt and lemon juice for this reason.

Do you like spicy foods? If the salsa is spicy enough, you won't taste the salt on the tortilla chips...

Great that your seizures are better and that your doctor picked up on the low sodium.
Salty nuts, or chips, I don't think it is going to take a lot. So you gotta just do it.

Back
Top Bottom