Hello!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Anna, I have epilepsy and I hope to be able to use this forum to offer and receive help relating to living with epilepsy. After reading around as a guest I noticed the sincerity and kindness of the members and I am looking forward to getting to know you guys!

About me: I am 26, married to a wonderful man named Kyle, and we have two dachshunds and three cats (all adopted). I enjoy many hobbies including knitting, yoga, and fantasy football.

About my seizures: They are complex partial temporal lobe, and I take Tegretol XR (300mg twice a day) and lyrica(aka pregabalin 200 mg twice a day). I do not drive, and have never been permitted to.

-I hope that's not too much info for a first post! I wish everyone a beautiful day :p

Welcome annabelle99

Bernard has done such a wonderful job with this site! It's a real pleasure to be here. I go to all the E sites and IMHO this one is the BEST!

Are your seizures under control?

Hi Anna, welcome to the forum. :hello:

The first post may be the hardest, but now that you have crossed the bridge, you can never go back. :pfft:

I guess if you have never been permitted to drive, your seizures are not fully controlled? :(

Hi Anna: Welcome to the board!!!!!! I have epilepsy 41 yrs and I never drove either. Even when my szs were controlled I never drove.Right now I am using homeopathy and the Gard diet to control my szs without meds. If you have any questions will be happy to answer them.
Riva

Hi everyone its great to meet you!
Yes, my seizures are uncontrolled. They have never truly been controlled, and the doctors have either switched meds, added another or increased dosages.
I have auras and recently my recovery time is minimal, and I am very thankful for that. Oh and I am more sz sensitive when my Aunt Flo visits. But this month has been sz-free so far and I feel great!
Thanks for making me feel welcome, I will see you around!

:hello: Anna!

Glad to have you here, and sorry
to here you have such a battle
with dealing with those blasted
seizures, but GLAD that you've been
free of it for a month!

:)

Anna, since you have Complex Partial Seizures, you might want to look into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It has an impressive track record for controlling CPS seizures (and allowing patients to reduce or eliminate meds!). :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom