Hello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
:woot: Hello to you all in EP land! I am so happy to find yet another support group! I can't tell you how much your support is needed right now in my life. My name is Dawn, I live in IL, I have 3 adult children and 5 Grand children. I am married for 11 years and am at a loss in my life right now. :dontknow:

Hi Dawn, Welcome to CWE
What puts you at a loss in your life? Great folks here, that will be very supportive. Just be patient, it is the holidays.

Hi Robin! I guess the loss in my life IS my life right now. I can't work, I can't watch my grand babies, I can't drive, I don't funtion the way I used to, my laundry is over flowing and I sleep until 11:00 everyday and I can't sleep at night even though I have been provided with meds to help. I have to go back to my neuro to tell him things aren't working right. I call today for an appt. I am just so sad.

Hey Dawn

Welcome to CWE!

Are you not functioning because of ep......or because of meds....or a combination of both? What meds are you on? I'd like to try to help.........IF I can......I'm finally starting to wake up myself:roflmao:

Because of meds, sugar levels, ep...menopause. I am on carbatrol 300mg 2x's a day, klonipin 0.5mg 3 x's a day (2 @ night) Cymbalta 60mg 1 x's a day (@ night) some pill for low thyroid & actos for my diabetes. I called the stupid neuro and they are at lunch. grrr

Welcome Dawn

To hell with laundry! :woot: You have other adults in your house, let them do their own damn laundry! I only do mine and the 7 and 4 yr olds. If they are big enough to reach the controls, they are big enough to do their own. (I have 4 baskests screaming at me and I just put my fingers in my ears and say, "a-la la la la la la la la la la!" I'll get to it when I feel up to it)

The med combination looks like it makes you lethargic and E makes anyone depressed. You've come to the right place for support!

Because of meds, sugar levels, ep...menopause. I am on carbatrol 300mg 2x's a day, klonipin 0.5mg 3 x's a day (2 @ night) Cymbalta 60mg 1 x's a day (@ night) some pill for low thyroid & actos for my diabetes. I called the stupid neuro and they are at lunch. grrr
I have a suggestion.......and I know it's a pain in the arse, but it's always helped me in the long run. Start keeping a journal. Write down when you take your meds, the doses, what you eat and when. If you feel dizzy, write that down too. The journal will help find patterns.....of whether or not the dosages are enough, if certain foods are triggers, if you're getting enough sleep.........yada yada yada. It IS a pain at first, I will admit that. But once you're in the habit of it, it's not a big deal. I have hypothyroidism (amongst many other things)....so when I up my thyroid meds, you bet your booty that that gets notated in my journal. And I make notes about how I feel. And I show the docs what I have written. They do pay attention, and even make copies of it for their files........

OK......now, I'm off my soap box, I PROMISE.........whew!

TELL him you need help and one thing he can do to help is his own laundry. Just take a few minutes to show him. I kept it simple for my husband. Wash and dry everything on low heat, that way there won't be any shrinkages, or pink underwear! LOL! :roflmao:

He may grumble and ignore the request but if you just tell him, "Look, honey, if you want clean clothes, better do it yourself, I can barely take care of ME!"

Maybe you can phrase it in a more nicer tone if it helps. When my husband retired, I told him I was no longer doing his laundry, it has nothing to do with how I felt about him, but easing some of the burdons off myself.

If he accepts his new responsibilty maybe he'll be more willing to add a few other minor chores to the list, in order that you won't feel so over whelmed. Maybe call some of those adult children in and have them just give you a hand for a day...sometimes just talking to them openly and honestly helps.

There is nothing wrong in asking for assistance! We get older and cannot do things like we used to do. Hell I can barely get out of bed I'm so stiff these day. (that's one reason why my laundry is laughing at me, I hurt to bad to even sort and fold. I have RA)
:paperbag:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom