Hello!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

netmyller

New
Reaction score
I am Robert and currently living with my family in Vienna, Austria. Our son had his first fits with 1 1/2 and 2 years. For three years we thought these were singular events. Last week he had another one.

Due to the fact that he had an EEG the day before a question arose: is it possible to get a delayed fit 14 hours later (due to strobo light)?

Does anybody know about such phenomena? Or is it crazy to think that way?

Hi netmyller, welcome to the forum. :hello:

As far as I know, folks who are photosensitive (sensitive to light) experience problems during stimulation.

I would think that it is more likely that stress from the procedure (or explanations of what's happening and why) might be a more plausible factor (especially for a ~5 year old).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom