Help Please

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

concerned

New
Reaction score
Hey guys my partner has recently started suffering from seizures and in the last 3 weeks has only had 4 days fit free.

her fits are really violent and about 4minutes on average she is now suffering from a numbness in her leg and severe headaches

can anyone advise is this normal?

Thanks

If you haven't seen a doctor, you need to go to the Emergency Room ASAP! The numbness could be something serious!

Last edited:
I'm no doctor, but....

Way too many sz's!:(

4 minute long seizing is serious stuff too! Tonic-clonic (jerking-tensing-up that is) for the full four minutes? What concerns me most I think is some doctors might consider that to be the point at which 'status epilepticus' (a point at which your partner might not recover from) has been reached and will administer HEAVIER drugs like ativan, valium, or versed. As you and your partner have witnessed so far this doesn't HAVE to be the case so don't get too scared by that comment...I, myself, have had longer....it SUX!:mad:

Get your partner checked out soon!
Good Luck!

Headaches can be a lingering after effect from seizures (especially grand mal or tonic clonic seizures). They could also be indicative of something more serious (did the headaches precede the seizures or occur only afterwards?).

Numbness in the legs is not something that I have seen associated with post-seizure effects. I know that it can be a sign of diabetes (as can seizures in diabetics whose blood-sugar goes out of whack).

Get her medical attention ASAP IMO.

hi were due to see the neuro on monday so should know more then the staff at the hospital dont seem overly concerned about it. The headaches preceed the attacks and then stay around for quite some time after as well. we have had her blood levels done quite oftem in the last few weeks and they seem to be ok so the leg numbness is a bit of a concern at the mo as well

OK. It's good that she will be getting attention soon. She is in the hospital right now then?

BTW, welcome to the forum. :hello:

thanks for the welcome, unfortunately nto in hospital if she was it would of been sorted by now lol she is treated as an outpatient this is typical english hospitals

Back
Top Bottom