Help

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

djtacoman

New
Reaction score
I think that I might suffer from a mood dissorder. i have only been happy two places. i am usually depressed. i hate lifa and have wanted to die for almost ten years. i worry that if i go for treatment 1) they will medicate me and don't think my life and happiness should rely on a pilll that may do more harm than good. 2) i am in the entertainment industry i fear fixing my issues may hurt my entertainment value.

any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Searching for answers to these questions on an epilepsy message board may be reaching a bit. You may want to try posing these questions in a mood disorder or depression forum. I am sure there are more qualified individuals there who can assist you better.

The first person you should consult is your physician, there are so many different medications and they serve several mood disorders. Your doctor can be your best help. Good luck.

While I agree with BB that no one can diagnose your situation via the internet, and that you should really see a doctor (just because they recommend something doesn't mean you have to do it), I can point you in the direction of something that *might* help. It doesn't cost much to try it and see what happens.

5-HTP

P.S. I'd also recommend you take a good multivitamin as vitamin deficiencies can cause all kinds of subtle problems and it is a relatively cheap experiment.

Back
Top Bottom