Helping kids at camp

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BuckeyeFan

Grandpa
Reaction score
In about 2010 (inspired by CWE), I searched for support in Ohio. I found the Epilepsy Alliance in Cincinnati Ohio (now expanded to include Columbus, Ohio area). They serve most of Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Southern Indiana, and even some in West Virginia. Great and very active organization.
If you are from these areas, check it out.

My core involvement with them is being a councilor at their camps for the kids. It is an awesome 5 days I go to every summer. I engourage anyone with kids 7-18+ to check it out. Horseback riding, supervised and safe swimming, games, crafts, making ice cream, water 'fights', talent show, dance, and more.

The kids look forward to it every year. It is a chance to relate to others like themselves also fighting E. I generally work with the teens.

I think I have gotten as much out of the camp as the kids. Long time friendships with former campers now in their 20s.

If $$$ are an issue, they do have financial assistance.

Back
Top Bottom