Hey all

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm Maxine.I love to read and play sports. I live in the U.K and have 1 brother and 1 Sister (both annoying) I only found out I had Epilepsy last year September. It still scares me a bit. My Doctor (don't like) doesn't no what to make of my Epilepsy. I can basicaliy have any type of Siezure at any time of day. I have different symptoms for each attack and sometimes I don't. I feel like I live in the hospital. A friend recommended this board so here I am.

Hi Maxine, welcome to the forums.

Sounds like your seizures are not controlled yet. Are you seeing a neurologist or epileptologist? If your doctor doesn't know what to make of your epilepsy, you might need another doctor!

Are you keeping a seizure diary? It may help identify triggers for your seizures if you see patterns with respect to diet, sleep, etc.

By all means, read as much as you can and ask questions as you like. We'll be glad to help if we can.

Welcome

Hello Maxine,

I'm Stacy and have had Epilepsy since I was 12. My husband Bernard built this site and it has been quite successful. I stay busy (so does Bern), and I just happen to see your posting. I'm sure as you'll find, your epielepsy will be quite annoying at times....and so will your Dr. Listen to your body and take into consideration the opinions of others. Remember that no one knows your body like you. You say you live in the hospital... do you go there for check ups or because you have emergencies? I also advise if your Dr, doesn't know what to make of your epilepsy, find one who does.

Maxine,

Epilepsy is scary and it is best to get to know others with epilepsy and ask a lot of questions. If your doctor doesn't know what he is doing then you need to find another. Not all neurologists are up to speed on epilepsy and therefore it is best to see an epileptologist.

Best wishes,
Karen

Hey TBI.... you need to check the date of the last post.
Some of the "new" members have moved on. I forget and do this sometimes, but it gets confusing for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom