heyyy! im neww :D

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hknineeightyone

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
ive just joined the forum, ive had epilepsy since i was seven and still have im nearly seventeen and i wont be able to drive, so trying to deal with that, its hard watchin all my friends learn how :(
ive recently been put on lamtical (lamotrigine) after having been hospitalised by tegratol :(, i was overdosed, but even with the higest dose they still wernt helping, they were making me have the fits instead of curing it (if that makes sense),
but i seem to have put alot of weight on with lamictal ¬_¬, hopefully the gym will sort it though! :D
just wondering if anyones got any advice or anything i should know about the new drug im on? :) and getting to know people on here, so say heyy :)

Last edited:
Hi, and welcome

to CWE! You've found yourself a WONDERFUL place to be!! Mr B (Bernard) has made us an AWESOME home here......so please feel free to kick off your shoes and stay a while. I'm sure Buckeye will be around soon with coffee. RobinN's our queen of nutrition.......and trust me, that's a GOOD thing!!!:woot::clap:

Here's a link to some information about Lamictal...I was on that med for over 7 years.....It started to really affect my memory after a while, and the weight, too. I have t/c's, also known as tonic clonics or grand mals. But mine happen in my sleep, so I am able to drive.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/lamotrigine.htm

I'm so very sorry about the driving thing. It does suck beans, doesn't it? Hopefully, with time, you'll get your seizures under control enough that you CAN drive.

In the meantime, you've found a whole new group of friends here, so feel free to rant, rave, or whatever you need to do. We'll be here for ya. No matter what.

Good luck, and take care,

Meetz
:rock:

Hi Holly ~ Welcome to CWE ......it's such a GOOD place to learn and share stuff about epilepsy. We even have fun here. :)

Hey Holly... Welcome
My daughter is also almost 16. She was on Tegretol and had vision problems with it. She also was on Lamictal and it caused terrible muscle aches. She also started putting on weight with the variety of meds, but it has been coming off since she is no longer taking medication.

I believe the drugs caused more seizures so we are using alternative methods to control them. It seems to be working.

Hope you find yourself at home here. I am glad that you joined us.

Hi Holly, welcome to the forum. :hello:

The biggest potential problem with Lamictal is a deadly skin rash. If you notice a rash, contact a doctor immediately.

Had epilepsy since 4yrs. old

Hi Holly,
Welcome to the best forum we are family and understand each other. I went through the same thing as you did when my friends got their license and it hurt me too. But you will make it thriugh this rough patch. And feel like telling us how you feel and welcome.
David

Hello Miss Holly!!

Glad you are here. I think you will really like it! I am on Lamictal as well..and it has been really helpful to me. My seizures have really improved. There are some other teens here as well, so I think you will have some things in common. And all of us older (than you: ))) folks are pretty cool too!! We have some friends from Leicestershire. P.S. I particularly love your name..my little kitty is named Holly because she was our Christmas kitten!! She's a sweetie! Welcome to the group!!
Michelle : )

Hiya Holly

I remember only too well what it was like watching all of my friends learning to drive, I felt really left out and isolated from conversations. 13 years later I still shy away when the car talk starts, that way I don't have to answer any awkward questions or get upset.

I also take Lamictal and never really have any nasty side effects, only drowsiness mid afternoon, but I have learnt to put up with that, (I have powernaps when the Boss isn't looking hehe, but don't tell her)

You have found a friendly group of people to chat too, I have found everyone to be very supportive and knowledgable.

Good luck and Take care

Kim

Welcome!!! I will second the fact that you have found the right place to be.

Many people here know exactly how you feel on the driving thing, but I agree that you will make it through it. It does suck though.

There are many, many people to ask about the medicines also. Don't be shy.

Party on and keep looking forward!

Hi holly! Welcome to CWE. :) I remember watching my friends learning to drive.....I did eventually get my drivers license though....so I'm thankful. I went 9 years without a seizure once they got me on the right meds....and now, I'm working on helping my meds by using vitamins. Anyway, welcome. Feel free to ask questions, vent, or just chime in.

Hey!!!

:cheers:

Hey, I am Buckeye and I have had E since I was 20 (now 47). I have been lucky with the driving issue, but have had times where I could not drive as well. It can be very frustrating.

I hope you find some answers here. I am sure you will find plenty of friends, several close to your age are here (though we old folks aren't too bad either).

Make yourself at home here. It is a great place to stay.

:cheers:

Hey Holly!

Hey Holly
Good to talk to someone my age with epilepsy ^_^
Although I'm sorry you have it.
And yeah it completely sucks not being able to drive. I don't want to rely on public transit all my life!! But I also don't want to die (although I'd likely end up killing myself learning how to drive xD) lol so I'll deal with it. Anyways yeah welcome =D

Back
Top Bottom