Hi all!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am new to the site, although I have been a member for quite some time. I see that the site says my last visit was in 1969, but I do believe that in incorrect!! I was born in 1965 so that makes me 42 yrs. old. I have had seizures since oh, about 21 or 22. Cause unknown. My seizure are not being controlled despite 6 different medications and a VNS and as my Neuro. says "we are running out of meds to try on you." So, she is sending me to Wake Forest University for the RNS clinical trial. Before that I am going for the Sleep study on Sept. 26th. to see if I am eligable. A week of head with electrodes attached and a fanny pack and a long cord and gauze wrapped head, FUN!!! I'm sure you'all are familiar with this week or so of fun...I have every type of seizures that you can think of, and have tried sooo much to control them to know avail. So, I guess, the trial thing may be an option, we'll see. Scarry. I have already decided that if I am eligable, I want them to shave my Whole head, not just parts. Hey dew rags are still in, right? Hats, too, yes? LOL

Hi Yeahyourite: Nice meeting you!!!!!!!! I am going on 52 in Nov and I have epilepsy since I am 11 yrs old. 2 yrs ago I ran out of meds and I went to a homeopathy dr. Slowly I weaned off my meds and took the homeopathy. Than I got toxic on the last tab of mysoline, and I tried the Gard diet and and was able to drop my last tab of mysoline.
So I only take homeopathy and follow the diet for my epilpesy. Its a great feeling!!!!!!
The operation is not the only solution. If you have questions about homeopathy or the gard diet feel free to PM or ask me on the board.

Riva

Hi yeahyourite, glad you decided to say hello. :hello:

I see that the site says my last visit was in 1969, but I do believe that in incorrect!!

Yeah, members who registered on the original forum software might see that the first time they visit the current forums as some information was not ported over during the switch.

... and as my Neuro. says "we are running out of meds to try on you."

Has he mentioned any alternatives to meds like one of the seizure control diets, CBT or neurofeedback?

Good luck with the sleep study. :gob:

Welcome yeahyourite

Hope you keep us posted on your experiances with the RSN. I own the VNS Message Board, are you a member there too?

Seems you have a busy schedule ahead of you.
Soon Apple might offer implants of ipods.

Joking aside, I wish you the best with finding an answer.
We haven't found a med either, and I know how frustrating it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom