Hi, first night here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Skywalker

New
Reaction score
Hi, this is the first time here and have enjoyed reading some of the messages and then decided to join myself.
Looking forward to meeting you.
J

Hi Skywalker, welcome to CWE!

Make yourself at home. :)

It does appear to be exactly what I have been looking for. To be among people who understand when you talk and do not look kinda strange when you mention it.
I have had it for quite some time and had 2 operations which changed nothing and it has never been under total control despite many changes in medication.
But well, I suppose worse things can happen in life.
Having nocturnal epilepsy (and me walking around in post ictal phase) has caused some very, very strange and sometimes funny outcomes.
Like.....once I was at a hotel on my own and there it happens......when I "wake up" standing in the bar in my nighties (well, then it was not funny at all but maybe in retrospect???)

HI Skywalker,
Welcome to CWE! Everyone here has been a great friend and help to me and I have had seizures for 45yrs. and just like you I've had 2 surgeries to help reduce my seizures along with trying over 10 different seizure meds. I have absence, complex partial and simple partial seizures and when I have a complex partial seizure I will often wander around but I don't realize it until the seizure is over and I find myself in a different room so I can relate to how you have felt.
After having a DNA test and finding out I was drug resistant my Dr. put me on the CBD oil (medical marijuana) and I am amazed at how that has reduced my seizures. Last yr. I had the least amount of seizures in the 45 yrs. I've had epilepsy. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Well as I said, I suppose worse things can happen in life. It is a very very crappy thing to have to live with specifically as they can't get it under control. I have seen a guy here in London and that's all he does...been on many different medications but especially when I get stressed things get worse.
And it does appear I get a little violent in my post ictal phase when I walk around.
But I suppose there are worse things that can happen to you.

Hi Skywalker!

I have complex-partial's and tonic-clonics, when I was still working and had 1 at work, I would find myself in a different part of the store confused as to what happened, before and after being diagnosed. The last time, I came out of one sitting on the floor in a puddle. I had thought that I had dropped a bottle of paint at the start of it and sat down in it post-itcal, but I after looking, it wasn't paint. (needless to say, but I quit!)

I've only had 1 surgery, but like you, it did nothing for me.

Hello Skywalker. I know exactly how you feel. Having epilepsy really stinks! I've had it since childhood. My E (the Simple Partials) is due to scar tissue in my brain. I was a forceps delivery.
I complained of weird feelings in my head which nobody could understand until one was captured on an EEG done after I suddenly had 3 or 4 Tonic Clonics when I was 14 (none since). About 17 years ago, the Complex Partials began, making life MUCH tougher. I've burned myself many times (2nd & 3rd degree) during them.
I've been on every AED available. I currently take Topamax and Vimpat--400mg/day of each, along with 1mg folic acid, & STILL get breakthrough Complex Partials--sometimes within hours of taking my meds!

Back
Top Bottom