hi I'm new and confused as usual

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello. It has taken me several days to figure out how to navigate and post in here. I think I finally got it.

I'm Kerin. I have a traumatic brain injury. I damaged my temporal lobe, and now I have simple and complex partial seizures. They weren't diagnosed until almost a year after my injury. (Sept. 2003) I had been having them all along, just didn't recognize them.

My seizures are under control (again) with Lamictal. My dosage has had to be increased repeatedly as it works for a while, then stops working again. Although I am taking 500mg daily, my blood levels are low. Go figure.

Hello again and I look foward to getting to know you all.

Kerin

Hello Kerin and Welcome!

Sorry to hear about your injury. You will find a lot of love and support here!

Finding the right med is not fun. I, too took meds that worked for a while and then just quit working. Do you have any side effects from the Lamictal? Do the neuros have an explanation as to why your blood levels are low?

I am no longer on my meds and am now pursuing homeopathy and vitamin supplementation. There is a lot of great info. on this site about alternative approaches to managing seizures and epilepsy.

Blessed

Hi Kerin, welcome to the forums. :hello:

Isn't it odd how everyone metabolizes drugs differently? If your body is constantly adapting to the drug, you might look at some non-drug therapies to complement the Lamictal. Maybe it would give your system the nudge it needs to keep the seizure threshold high for the long term.

spinnymommy said:
It has taken me several days to figure out how to navigate and post in here. I think I finally got it.

:clap: I'm glad you stuck with it. You'll be navigating the forum like an expert in no time. :)

:hello: Kerin!

Sorry to hear you sustained TBI.
But glad to hear you've found us!
You'll get the hang of this place in
no time flat!

I just wonder how often is your
blood work being checked? And are
you on other medication(s)? Sometimes
being on other medication(s), herbs,
vitamins, et cetera - can cause
interference with the medication(s)
you may be on. So always let your
Doctor know what you're taking!

Welcome Kerin.

Glad to see you made it! I think you're gonna like it here. LOTS of super people and it's a busy place!:hi5:

Hi Kerin: Glad you stuck it out and posted. I have epilepsy 41 yrs now. The past 2 yrs I have been on homeopathy for the epilpesy and I just added the guard diet so I can off all my meds.Its amazing that diet and homeopathy work ,I am very happy with the alternative treatments. If you have any ques ,feel free to ask ??????

Riva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom