Hi.. I'm new in here..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

thank you..... that's really helpful and now, I have a question....
* Since I lived most of my life not knowing what is a seizure, I have my first one at age of 34 and no more 'til I was 42... That means I have E. or just have a couple of seizures due to an old brain scare...? sorry if sound kind of a stupid question..... but honestly... all this is new for me and I don't know better... the neurologist that treat me back then did not explain much... now I'm going to see a new one in UCLA next week... so will see what happen ..:ponder:

Hope you have better luck at UCLA than we did. I had high hopes but .... they failed us big time.

Consider what you have just written. You had no seizures until the age of 34. What has caused your body to be succeptable to seizures at this age. Okay, so you have a scar. Seems if that was a "cause" you would have had them earlier in life too. Your threshold was lowered for some reason. Doctor's that don't have the answers will sometimes look for a reason and claim it is IT. You need to ask why you are just now seeing the symptoms. Nutrients needed by the brain not being absorbed properly? Blood sugar imbalances? Liver congested? Go deep into the function of your body to ask the WHY questions.

Forget the label, and work on finding the cause. Remember that most doctors only treat the symptoms (that being the seizures).

Good luck at your appointment.

I had my main seizure while driving home from work. I had a bloody lip and a lot bruises. But so far, no broken bones!

Has anybody ever had a seizure that dislocate a shoulder and broke the humerus head that need four hour surgery, metal plates and screws..?
I was in a car accident while coming home from work. I had a broken lip and a lot bruises. But, never any broken bones.

Back
Top Bottom