Hi new here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ladynimue

New
Reaction score
Hello,
I havent been diagnosed yet I am pending neuro eval.
I had a episode or two of something that I believe were seizures. This last one happened Friday dies it sound like a seizure l?

I was sitting listen to husband and his friend that he use to work with talk. And I started feeling strange. Then my rt side of my face started spasming , I got dizzy and tunnel vision I told my husband I didn't feel well. I almost passed out and slumped to my side. My husband said I was pale. Then I started throwing up.i was awake the whole time and recovered within 20 min or so. I was nauseated right before and I could smell vinegar that was making it worse but i couldn't find the source of the smell. I was so embarrassed. I also do weird things at night most common is making repetitive hand movements I "wash my hands" sometimes I am aware I do out and sometimes I am not. have woken up at night once to find my hand jerking and the room spinning.
I have lupus, fibro, POTS, perpherial neuropathy, reynauds,

Hi Ladynimue, welcome to CWE!

It's hard to know for sure, but what you describe could be a partial seizure -- they can feature changes in vision, phantom smells, nausea, as well as "automatisms" like the hand movements.

For some folks, there's a connection between epilepsy and other autoimmune disorders (such as lupus), so you might ask your neuro to test specifically for autoimmune epilepsy. You can read a bit about it here: http://www.epilepsy.com/Information...ent/disgnostic-evaluation-autoimmune-epilepsy

Hi Ladynimue,

Welcome to CWE! I'm no Dr. but is sounds like you may be having simple partial seizures also called aura seizures when you smell the odd odors and as Nakamova mentioned you could be having partial seizures. I have complex partial seizures and the seizure will start with me seeing colors of the rainbow flashing back and forth in my eyes then I blank out for a few seconds and when I start to come out of the seizure I will have a hard time trying to speak sometimes and I don't remember anything that happened during the seizure. Once in awhile I will have muscle spasms and certain parts of my body will shake for a few seconds and then stop.
Start keeping track of these possible seizures write down on a calendar what time they happen and describe them, by doing this the neuro may see a pattern in the possible seizures as to what days of the month and what time of the day or night they happen.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thank you for replying, I was worried I was going to be ignored like the in fb groups. I have started a diary of my hand movements. And any other seizure like episodes.

Vanes

Back
Top Bottom