Hi new to the forum

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raye

New
Reaction score
My daughter started having seizures when she was 1 1/2 yrs old she is now 10. We have tried everything from frontal lobectomy, keto diet, vns, every med possible. She is severly handicapped due to the level of seizures and the lobectomy but very loving and affectionate. My 1 year old son has had one possible seizure but lots of shivers. Has anyone else had an infant with shivers? Our daughters neurologist has said that shivers are common in infants (something they grow out of) but asked for him to have a eeg next week. Now I'm getting nervous have any of your children had shivers progress to epilepsy?

Hi Raye, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Our children did not have shivers or (knock on wood) epilepsy (so far!).

Welcome Raye!....

I have had E for 32yrs now...luckily my children show no signs.

I hope you get some answers...this forum is here for you!

Peace
:rock:

Welcome to the forum. Are you sure your infant isn't having infantile spasms? Infantile spasms are seizures and it almost sounds like this is what your child may be having. Do you have a local Epilepsy Foundation? If so, they might have a video that you can view which shows infantile spasms. I do know that seizures can run in a family. My ex-husband had seizures which he outgrew. My oldest daughter had seizures and her daughter now has seizures.

Welcome Raye.
I don't have any information to share here. My daughter had her first seizure at the age of 14. No genetic connection, except that migraines run in my family.

We do tend to have some sort of autoimmune disorder in the family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom