Hi there, I am a newbie

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Welcome! I know I have lost some friends when I told them about my seizures. I know they weren't really friends...my real friends stay with me through thick and thin.
Jen

I have a border collie mix who 'owns' me. She follows me all over the place. I'm sure she would sense if anything was wrong like a seizure. She is extremely protective during our walks. Lawn ornaments, trash bags that crinkle, gnome statues, joggers, strangers....you name it, she's highly attentive about it.

If I leave the room, she's right behind me. It's a consolation to have a great friend and companion like this. I think the reduction in stress around her has prevented seizures.

And, she was from the pound. I think she initially thought my place was just another foster home. Now she is in charge.

I agree with that one. Honey also came from the pound and she didn't know at first what her "job" was going to end up being. LOL. She quickly learned that her main goal was to take care of me. She stills rolls in the grass and has a good ole time, but she also tells me when I'm going to have a seizure before I even know it. It is amazing how animals know things like that. When she starts pacing and stays around me, I know to get to a safe spot. It is remarkable to have such a wonderful friend. :woot:

Back
Top Bottom