hi there im new

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesa

New
Reaction score
Hi my name is James
Im 18 years old and have had epilepsy since I was 14.
I used to be in martial arts full contact competitions to be exact. I was hit in the head and suffered a serious concussion and was out for numerous hours. This is when I had my first grand-mal seizure.
Unfortanately for me unlike most people who have been hit in the head and suffer from temporary seizures. I was diagnosed with epilepsy about half a year later when I kept having the seizures.
I guess I really got hit hard...
I suffer from Grand-mal and Petite-mal seizures.

I don't know anyone with epilepsy so it's tough and i've never met anyone with it the 4 years I've had it. Personally im sick of hearing the jokes but thats beyond my control.

anyways just introducing myself
thanks.

-james.

Hi James, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Rest assured, no one here thinks seizures are appropriate joke material. That doesn't mean we don't have a sense of humor though.

Have doctors been able to identify any scar tissue in the brain as a focal point for your seizures? Are you a candidate for surgery?

they have identified scar tissue from after the accident.
But have been unable to find a particular point that is causing the seizures.
as far as I have been told, unless they find that focal point which now they have told me they very much doubt they will i am not a candidate for surgery no.

Too bad. The surgery in cases where scar tissue is the obvious cause of the seizures is supposed to be very effective.

Well, feel free to read around in here and jump in to any discussion you like.

Hi James -- I started having seizures for unknown reasons 16 years ago and I tried almost all the medications and got no where.

Last summer, thanks to VEEG, many MRIs, PET scan and that sort of thing, it was discovered that a brain tumor was causing the seizures :shock: . Those tests can pin-point where the seizures originate and it was the tumor.
The tumor was removed in Feb and I haven't had a seizure since then. The neurosurgeon says there's no guarantee that I'll never have another but the chances are slim.
I wish you the same success I've had. I wish you the same great TESTS.

well i guess wel see nancy
ive been doing eegs etc for quite some time.
but no break through results just yet hahaha
thanks
and glad your seizureless!
-james.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom