Hi there

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juzelac

New
Reaction score
My name is Jenny and this is the first forum I'v ever joined.

I had my first seizure as a baby and was seizure free until 30. After a great day of shopping I came home and had my first grand mal.

I've now been diagnosed with complex partial seizures, orginating in the right temporal lobe.

I'm looking to learning about what the experiences community members have, as I'm finding that as time goes on I get more seizures and a greater range of triggers

Hi Juzelac

My story is a bit like yours. I had my 1st seizure at 9 months & could take over 4 grandmal seizures a day. The seizures stopped when I was about 3, the drs said I had outgrown the epilepsy but I was kept on my medication until i was 7.

One Sunday in May 2002 when I was almost 25 I woke up with a huge headache. My Mum had rung me that morning and she realised wasn't making any sense so rang a neighbour who checked on me (my parents live 30 mins from me). My neighbour said I looked straight through her so she rang the ambulance and I was taken to hospital. My Mum met me & my neighbour at the hospital and I took a grandmal seizure at the hospital. I was kept in over night then sent to a neurologist who rediagnosed me with epilepsy. The neuro did an EEG which showed 3 seizures so it is assumed I took 2 seizures at home (possibly 1 in my sleep, 1 just before my mum rang) and the 1 at the hospital. No one knows what made me start taking seizures again after being seizure free for 22 years.

I have partial seizures or auras which only last a couple of mins and I usualy have them every few months. They are usualy caused by stress or tiredness.

I am sure you'll find some great help in this forum.

Last edited:
Hi Juzelac, welcome to the forum. :hello:

... I'm finding that as time goes on I get more seizures and a greater range of triggers

Were you taking any AEDs at this time? I'm guessing they weren't working too well.

Stacy (my wife) also had a period where her seizures got worse and worse. Fortunately, she has managed to turn it around and (I think) is on her way to full seizure control.

Welcome Jenny

Wow! The FIRST forum? You sure picked the BEST! There are many helpful and insightful people here, I'm sure you will feel right at home!

Welcome Jenny.
My daughter had her first seizure at 14. She is now 15. We do not have them under control, in fact she had three TC last week. She sure is a trooper though, and refuses to hide under the covers. We are in fact increasing a new (4th) med at this time, so I am clueless as to why this is occuring. We are trying to learn the triggers as well. There is some wonderful information hidden amoungst these posts.

Please ask if you have any questions
Robin

((((( Jenny )))))) Hugs!

:hello: and welcome to the forum!
Kick back and make yourself a home,
and feel free to roam about, and if
I were you, I'd snatch that fur-lined
blanket over there that no one's
claimed yet or at least put their
dibs on it!

;)

Hi Jenny and welcome! This is definately a great place to start. Good luck. I've had my problems too, but that's another story. It's 9:00PMCST... my bedtime. Goodnight all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom