Hi

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. It's hard to deal with the loss of a loved one.

My mother complained about a headache about 2-3 days before she died. She had called into work and said she was having a seizure. Her death was diagnosed as a heart attack. What I think REALLY happend, is that she did have a seizure, and had a heart attack on top of it. There was no one there to help her and she lay there until I found her about 8 hours later. It was the day after Mother's Day (another story for another time... sorry to make you listen to that).

I personally rarely get headaches, and when I do, they are mild. I hope your's get better.
Hi Stacy

I didn't mind reading that. It must've been hard to lose your Mum just after Mothers Day.

When I was rediagnosed with epilepsy my Mum had rung me one Sunday morning and I wasn't making sense. Mum got worried & because she lives 30 mins from me & my Dad had the car she rung my neighbour to check on me. My neighbour called into me and said that when I spoke to her it was like I was looking straight through her. My neighbour realised something was wrong & rang the ambulance. In between my neighbour ringing the ambulance and the ambulance collecting me my Mum rang me many times and each time I didn't make sense & she also stayed in contact with my neighbour. My neighbour went in the ambulance to the hospital with me. My Mum managed to get a lift to the hospital. Apparently while I was in the emergency section I had a seizure in front of my Mum & that's when they realised I had epilepsy again.

The next day I was released and went & saw a neurologist and had an EEG which showed I'd had 3 seizures so they assumed I had 2 seizures at home (maybe 1 in my sleep because I'd woken up with a massive headache) & the seizure at the hospital.

I only remember parts of that day like my Mum ringing the 1st time, my neighbour coming down to see me, being at the hospital & seeing my Mum then hearing my Mum yell out for help when I took the seizure. The rest I can't remember which I guess is common because I know when you take seizures you don't always know or forget.

The strange thing is that on that day my Mum was supposed to go out for the day with my Dad but decided to stay home after all. We later found out that if my Mum had gone out & not rung me then I would've just continued having seizures all day and I guess I could've ended up with brain damage or possibly died.

In regards to my headaches they can get annoying but I'm also used to them - if I only take a small turn the headaches are only mild and don't last long. If I take a more serious turn then I get a bad headache and take my time doing things or if I'm at home I go and have a lay down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom